RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CallGuards in guarded region

Dagor

Wanderer
CallGuards in guarded region

Hey, first-time poster here. I just discovered RunUO over the weekend and am having a great time. I'm currently tweaking how guarded regions work and have discovered that no guards seem to be getting called if two monsters duke it out in the middle of town. For example, I'd expect the guards to be called if, say, a savage and an orc go at it at the Britain bank. Instead, the NPC's seem to prefer watching to calling attention to the spectacle. I've looked in GuardedRegion.cs and BaseCreature.cs, but me being the newb I am cannot find what I'm looking for. Can any o' you experts point me in the write direction? TIA!

(edit)
Seems the system was geared for things flagged as criminals and with kills >= 5 (wich no newly-spawned monster has). I modified GuardedRegions.cs, adding a check for low karma to IsGuardCandidate and removed a redundant check for kills >= 5 from CallGuards. Anyway, hope someone finds this interesting/helpful. Thanks for the help! ;)