RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I start decorating?

A

AlejandroX

Can I start decorating?

Quick question, I've kind of been waiting to start decorating my shard. When would be a good time to start placing decorative items and making them unmovable and undecayable for my world? Once I know that the save system will not be dramatically changing I can start filling my shard. So anyone with insight gimmie a heads up.

A

AlejandroX

After reading my sleep deprived and long-winded question, Ill make it simpler.

-Is it same to start decorating my shard with beta5? Will there be any significant changes that will screw me?

A

AlejandroX

I'm not talking about making the items static, just plain old decorating. Signs, doors, furnature, etc...

A

AlejandroX

The thing is I don't want to put a weeks worth of work into it is tomorrow there is a new save system or I can't take my world from an older beta to a newer one. ( I still don't fully understand where items are saved )

SickLab

Wanderer
I would say that you can't start things like that yet. Sometime, Namespace change, that make previous save unloadable. And i don't think that RunUO dev can certify you that save will be always loadable at the next version as long as the Final 1.0 is'nt released.

Anyway, we'r missing a lot of standard item in the RunUO script to think about decoration.

No tables, no chairs, etc..

A

AlejandroX

Good point. Tell ya what sick, if you let me know when we're ready I'll buy you a coke. :D

Phantom

Knight
I suppose if somebody writes it . But its like using a Pre-Release of a message board. There will be changes from Beta 6, Beta 7, Beta 8 it won't be worth it.

moemakki

Wanderer
Creating a world convertor will be very, very close to impossible. Unless you mean to convert from one version of RunUO to another.

(Thanks for the correction Phantom)

Virt

Wanderer
yeah, i mean converter from one runuo version to another (just read previous posts), i'm asking because i've already started to biuld a world. for now it conatains about 1400 items (sings and doors only), so i'll need a converter later

Zippy

Razor Creator
There is a major namespace change comming--probably in Beta 7.

This will probably break most world files.