RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Someone with Time Help me?!?

Kevin18012

Wanderer
Can Someone with Time Help me?!?

Hiya
Kinda feel stupid asking this... I am a seer on a gateway shard. I want to create my own tho, I would like to see the wonders of owning my own gateway shard and becoming part of this community. I have no Idea how tho='( :( :oops: :( . If someone kind enough and has the time could they please E-mail me, ICQ me, Yahoo Messenger.. or MSN step by step how I can make my own shard?? I already have Framework, Runuo and gateway... :D

Thanks, Kevin18012
[email protected]
Yahoo- Kevin18012
ICQ- 115700469
MSN- [email protected]

stormwolff

Knight
You will need something to run it :)

If its a computer you use often to do other things you may not want to run a runuo server on it. If it is a spare comptuer sitting around your house with nothing esle to do you could use that.

Try to make a list of questions and I and others will try to answer them as best we can.

Doe90 made a guide based on his newbie experiences here http://www.runuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31914

Kevin18012

Wanderer
its is a spare computer...
How do I get Uptime?
When I use "Create Local Serverlisting" On Gateway program... I type in the name, desc, IP and port. I log into Gateway and type it there and add site... It says I have 0 uptime tho, is there anyways I can get on the server without it eing on the public listings? how do I log into my own shard at all?

stormwolff

Knight
Your not creating a uogateway public entry when you create a local entry.

To get your shard listed on uogateway's public list and for it to record an uptime visit www.uogateway.com, read their rules and sign up.

You will need a working website before you will be added and once you add yourself to their list your uptime will go up if your server is up. Uptime doesnt happen instantly either it will take a couple of days.

If you dont want it to be on the public list your not going to get uptime tracking by uogateway.

Assuming you already edited your serverlist.cs all you would need to connect to your shard is a gateway entry for 127.0.0.1 if your on the same comp as the server or the ip of the server if your not.

Kevin18012

Wanderer
Your not creating a uogateway public entry when you create a local entry.

To get your shard listed on uogateway's public list and for it to record an uptime visit www.uogateway.com, read their rules and sign up.

You will need a working website before you will be added and once you add yourself to their list your uptime will go up if your server is up. Uptime doesnt happen instantly either it will take a couple of days.

If you dont want it to be on the public list your not going to get uptime tracking by uogateway.

Assuming you already edited your serverlist.cs all you would need to connect to your shard is a gateway entry for 127.0.0.1 if your on the same comp as the server or the ip of the server if your not.

I am on the computer where I am holding the info... I signed up for UOgateway, I have a working webpage and all that already on gateway... the only thing that shows up it 0% Uptime. I didnt edit my serverlist.cs (dont think so anyways) how would I go about that.

Kevin18012

Wanderer
I am on the computer where I am holding the info... I signed up for UOgateway, I have a working webpage and all that already on gateway... the only thing that shows up it 0% Uptime. I didnt edit my serverlist.cs (dont think so anyways) how would I go about that.

stormwolff

Knight
Open notepad
Find the serverlist.cs in your runuo/scripts/misc folder
drag the severlist.cs file into notepad

Find the part where it says

public const string Address = null

Change it to

public const string Address = "yourip";

how do you find your ip?
go to www.whatismyip.com and it will tell you put that in where I put yourip.

If you only want to run the shard locally meaning you dont want anyone other than you on your server to connect put this

public const string Address = "127.0.0.1";

If you want others to connect ignore that part.

The ip from whatismyip.com should be what you give uogateway as your shard ip when you sign up.

Now locally on the server you can connect using either the public uogateway listing for your shard or a manually made shard listing.

Kevin18012

Wanderer
Ok, I changed my ip in the

public const string Address = **.***.**.**;

to my IP and saved it.

Now how do I open Ultima and able to log into my server?

stormwolff

Knight
Open up uogateway and see if your entry is in the public list. If it is double click yourself. If it isnt make a local entry until you get into the public list.

Kevin18012

Wanderer
I dont see it in the Public Server List. Is there anyway I can play it without having it in the public server list?? When I Create Local serverlisting I type in desc and name, IP and all that. But whenI try to open it it says cant connect.

Your are absolutly great for being so patient with me btw

Ravenal

Knight
Do you see the part in UoGateway.com??? in your server settings editing your server data...???

Ya need to edit your IP and stuff to there... Unless there is something i didn't know that i don't have to or something i edit it once a day hehe
[code:1]
Connection

You can use a internet ip or a dns name as server dns/ip. You may however NOT use a local ip address as those isnt accessable from the internet. Local ips are 127.0.0.1, 172.16.x.x->172.32.x.x, 169.254.x.x, 10.x.x.x and 192.168.x.x. You must also put in a valid port number. Check your uo emu server for what port to use.

Server dns or IP address:
Server Port: [/code:1]

Kevin18012

Wanderer
In UOgateway.com. I Edited my server list, the IP and Server name/Description match what I have in my Local Serverlisting

Ravenal

Knight
hehe you need to change the 127.0.0.1 to what your Computer IP address is... Otherwise it will never connect to your shard :p

Kevin18012

Wanderer
Connection

You can use a internet ip or a dns name as server dns/ip. You may however NOT use a local ip address as those isnt accessable from the internet. Local ips are 127.0.0.1, 172.16.x.x->172.32.x.x, 169.254.x.x, 10.x.x.x and 192.168.x.x. You must also put in a valid port number. Check your uo emu server for what port to use.

Where is says that. I have my computers IP in there.

Ravenal

Knight
hehe the lines box

[code:1]Server dns or IP address: Your Computer IP
Server Port: 2593
[/code:1]

if ya wanna know... Well how do i get mine i have what ya call

http://www.no-ip.com
i use that and when my ip changes i change the one thing in the uogateway. which mine changes rarely :p

Kevin18012

Wanderer
Thats exactly what I have =/... In Uogateway, I have my PC's IP and that Port # and on uogateway.com I have My Computers IP and port Number

Ravenal

Knight
hmm do you have your Server.exe running???

That is one problem if not...

If so make sure your Info here!

[code:1]Server name: Shard Name
Description: Description
Webpage: http://www.yoururl.com[/code:1]

make sure there are no errors...