RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't Move-Tokuno

Kailani

Traveler
I looked on the forums for a solution to this issue, sorry if there already is a thread but i couldn't find it. -- i am unable to move in tokuno, i can go to the moongate but cannot walk. if i teleport it drops me down as if the area is too high or i had done the [go command to an area that is not there? when this happened i hadn't done anything new to the server so i have no way of knowing what caused it or how to fix it. the attached photo is what it looks like when i teleport to anything other than on top of a building or landmark. Map definitions if it is needed.
Code:
RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 0, "Felucca",        MapRules.FeluccaRules );
            RegisterMap( 1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",        MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar",    MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas",        MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 4, 4, 4, 1448, 1448, 1, "Tokuno",        MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur",        MapRules.TrammelRules );

Attachments

• Tokuno1.png
    209.5 KB · Views: 5

Kailani

Traveler
Runuo 2.3. I remembered that i patched a while back to 7.0.29 and thinking maybe that was an issue? downloading a new client with a lower patch to see if it helps

Dian

Sorceror
That is generally what happens if your Ultima Online game client and the RunUO server is not using the same exact map file.

As a test, I would run around awhile on the other maps and see if there is ANY other areas in the other maps that you might fall through the ground. I mean, really run around for awhile, you can alternate with the [m tele as well.

Dian

Sorceror
Also, how is your server and game client set up? Are you running RunUO on your home PC? Is your game client and RunUO sharing the same file folder? Does RunUO use its own client folder?

Kailani

Traveler
home Pc yes, no custom maps, i have also tried getting on through other clients at various patches and they all do the same.. say they weren't using the same files how would i go about fixing this?

Dian

Sorceror
Do you have an independent folder of the game client files for RunUO to use, or is it reading from your installed Ultima Online folder, that is also being used to login and play with.. ?

Open the file RunUO/Scripts/misc/DataPath.cs and read the comments relating to the required files for RunUO. Create a folder somewhere, and copy these files listed from you Ultima Online game folder into this new folder. (Something like C:/UOclient )
Enter this folder path into the DataPath.cs file, in the area that is writen something like: CustomPath = null;
You will want it changed to be for example: CustomPath = "C:/UOclient";
Make sure it is exact.

This lets RunUO run on its own files, and your game on its own files. Now that you have done this, you know for certain that RunUO and your Game Client is using the exact same map files.

Kailani

Traveler
i fixed it, well sort of. Reinstalled RunUO, thank you everyone for your answers and comments! and to anyone who has this problem in the future sorry i couldn't give a better fix :/