RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant Start client

karavik

Sorceror
Cant Start client

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled
Proccess id=0xfff77b67 [-558233], Thread id=0xfff9682b [-432085]

I dl'ed directX and the magan lib file from the dl section.

This is what was on the debug notepad

Entered Main()
Environment..
Operating System = 'Microsoft Windows 98 4.90.73010104.0'
.NET Framework = '1.1.4322.573'
Base Directory = 'C:\PROGRAM FILES\KRRIOS' CLIENT\BETA 10 RELEASE 1'
Data Directory = 'C:\Program Files\Ultima Online'
Done
Setting up interop communications...done
Initializing Strings...done
Benchmarks: low resolution
Main()..
Initializing Display...done
Initializing DirectX..
Unhandled exception
Object -> Name: CLIENT.EXE
There are no context policies.

Error Code -> -2146232832
Error String -> Unknown
Type -> Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.InvalidCallException
Message -> Error in the application.
Source -> Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
Target -> Void .ctor(Int32, Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.DeviceType, System.Windows.Forms.Control, Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.CreateFlags, Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.PresentParameters)
Inner ->
Stack ->
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device..ctor(Int32 adapter, DeviceType deviceType, Control renderWindow, CreateFlags behaviorFlags, PresentParameters presentationParameters)
at Client.Engine.InitDX()
at Client.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

[Shaman]

Wanderer
i think it can be your direct x... since the first error started there:

Initializing DirectX..
Unhandled exception

might be wise to upgrade to direct x 9.0b

karavik

Sorceror
i reinstalled directX 9.0b and i still get an error.

Im not sure if the manage libraries are installed correctly. When i install them all it does is says preparing to install then when the bar gets full it just quits and nothing else happens. No install wizard came up or nothing. Maybe this is the problem?

FoHa

Wanderer
same prob

Same thing with mine when i go to install the lib file for dx and i get that same error msg tryin to load krrios and im also on ME so we prolly got the same issue

ausplaya

Wanderer
As long as you have .NET Framework 1.1, DirectX 9b residtributable, managed libraries, and normal UO client installed, you should be able to run Krrios Client. However, it has been known now that some vid cards won't run it, anyone using nvidia vid cards are ok, others are patchy and often wont run krrios client.

karavik

Sorceror
does the kirrios client.exe have to be in the uo folder? I have it in a seperate folder.

my vid card is a Nvidia tnt pro 64

kalo

Sorceror
It's your APG drivers, download the latest mobo drivers.
Anything above krrios beta 8 is using open GL, i'm told. So that must be the problem.

karavik

Sorceror
is there a way to monkey with your open gl setting or to see if you actually using open gl? i dl'ed the lastest nvidia gforce/tnt driver from the nvidia home page but still getting an error.

karavik

Sorceror
i duno how then. 1) i dont know what kind of motherboard i have.
2)the Compaq homepage does not list any motherboard drivers for the model of my computer.

thx for the suggestions, looks like im up river without a paddle.

N

neverthought

Go to download.com and get a program called SiSoft Sandra. That will tell you what hardware is in your pc.

Kline

Wanderer
Dunno if this is relevant or just a red herring but of all the ppl I've referred this client to the ones with this problem are running winme or win2k.

Just something to consider.

[Shaman]

Wanderer
well thats simple (1 part is)
win me sucks donkey balls (no offence mr bill)

2k should be less buggy though 2k was designed for companies and not for "normal" users... so best 2 are 98 and xp.. since they were designed for the user, not for the company that buys the pcs