RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Celisuis Custom Race System V2.0

rmacham

Sorceror
Hey All,

So after reading this:
runuo.com/community/threads/can-anyone-point-me-in-the-right-direction.513386/

I decided to upgrade and release my race system, this has been a full overhaul, and does not resemble the original system in its slightest.

Installation?

This is NOT drag and drop, it requires a few file edits to the Core and Distro files. These are all commented in the modified scripts, if you haven't got any changes, then feel free to drag, drop and overwrite.

Files Modified:

Server/Race.cs
Scripts/Misc/RaceDefinitions.cs
Scripts/Misc/CharacterCreation.cs
Scripts/Misc/LoginStats.cs

Included?

These system incorporates an Alignment System, if you choose to use it, fully based on DnD. This adds nothing but RP Value right now.

Alignments:

• Lawful Good
  • Neutral Good
  • Chaotic Good
  • Lawful Neutral
  • True Neutral
  • Chaotic Neutral
  • Lawful Evil
  • Neutral Evil
  • Chaotic Evil
Included is the descriptions for each, and the gumps so you can change about if wished.

Races:

18 Races are included, based on DnD, LOTR, wherever I could find them really,

• Human
  • Elf
  • Orc
  • Aasimar
  • Consu
  • Dwarf
  • Drow
  • Darrkin
  • Deeka
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi
  • Halfling
  • Ivory
  • Ivory Elf
  • Lunar
  • Night Elf
  • Wood Elf
  • Blood Elf
Once chosen, it will apply them with a random skin hue and hair mod/hue suitable for the respective race, it will also tell them that have chosen that race.

Deactivating the Alignment System:

In modified CharacterCreation:

find:

Code:
#define Alignment

and comment it out.

At present, this add's a race selection or alignment selection book on character creation.

The Alignment book will allow them to choose an alignment, and then it will launch the Race Selection Gump.

Included is some other gumps:

Statsgump - Not sure on originally scripter, just updated to show Race aswell as other stats using [stats.

RaceInfo - Will display Race Name and direct them to see shard site for more information using [raceinfo

Gender Change Deed is included, changes Male to Female and vice versa for all races.

All gump studio files are included.

To Come:

Racial Guards
Racial Abilities
Added Functions to Alignment System

Requests?

If you request a feature to be added, or need help with anything. PM me here or add me on Skype ID - Celisuis.

Attachments

• Celisuis Race System V2.rar
    27.2 KB · Views: 217
  • Race System Gumps.rar
    11.7 KB · Views: 166

chuck5086

Sorceror
Okay, so i put it in, and its saying that server.race dose not contain a definition for: Dwarf hument Ect.. What am i doing wrong???

nvm..had remnants of the other system in there still

would like to know though which folder exactly is the race.cs in? I checked every folder and couldnt find it.

rmacham

Sorceror
Race.cs is located in the Server Folder - you must have a copy of the source to use this, as it edits the core.

alright, i never was able to compile my svn core, i had my friend do it. but now, from what i understand, i need to recompile to get this to work. can anyone explain it to me? i'm kinda new to svn stuff

Okay, after the core was recompiled, i got this error
Code:
Errors:
+ Custom/Celisuis Race System V2/Gumps/RaceInfo.cs:
    CS0120: Line 31: An object reference is required for the non-static field, m
ethod, or property 'Server.Gumps.RaceInfo.caller'
    CS0120: Line 33: An object reference is required for the non-static field, m
    CS0120: Line 34: An object reference is required for the non-static field, m
    CS0120: Line 35: An object reference is required for the non-static field, m
    CS0120: Line 35: An object reference is required for the non-static field, m
    CS0103: Line 53: The name 'from' does not exist in the current context
    CS0103: Line 55: The name 'from' does not exist in the current context
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
I like this idea alot myself and have had afew problems with it so far, I have started to rewrite it just abit. I found the trouble Poseodon was having as well, I tried it on ML143, RunUo 2.2 SC as well as ORB SVN38 and afew others and got the same error so I decided to mod it abit. I also had to change the STAT command to STATUS so the right Gump came up, the stat command just shows connection and such in the lower left corner. I will be working on this abit.... I Like it :) very cool idea! anyway here is a quick fix to the RaceInfo command for you. Also Thanks Rmacham :) BTW this is just a temp fix, I will be doing a diffrent Gump for this.

Attachments

• RaceInfo.cs
    2.4 KB · Views: 23

Gamble

Traveler
Hmm kinda new coming back to this stuff. I would really like to get more races on my shard and was wondering if someone could walk me through this?

i have figured out part of it. adding the new races is easy... but if you don't want them using human or elf body values, but still have a paperdoll... that becomes more of a problem. message me, and i can help you with a little, but when it comes to custom art, you're on your own.

Gamble

Traveler
Yea it works great just needs some custom artwork for the races and for some reason I cannot add custom start to the backpact for each race on creation. Cant seem to figure it out.

alekwdrake

Sorceror
Lol. There is alot I cant figure out when it comes to changing the scripts. More or less a beginner. If it wasnt for people saying edit this etc. Id never get anything done. I need to learn how to code in C#.