RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] Chat Initializer 1.0

No permission to download

Felladrin

Sorceror
Felladrin submitted a new resource:

Chat Initializer (version 1.0) - Auto open the old chat client (UO 5.x / 6.x) on player login

For those who are still using UO Client 5.x or 6.x and would like to make use of the ingame chat.

This script will auto-open the chat client and login the player based on his current character name.

All you need to do is to drop this script somewhere in your Scripts folder.

As I'm not using it anymore, I don't have a screenshot of it, but here is a screenshot posted by...

Read more about this resource...

Miracle99

Squire
Was just checking this out. I am auto joining channels(added General and Trade to the Newbie Help) when I login to the game but I am not seeing the Chat window at all. If i hit the CHAT icon on the tool bar it just brings up the chat channels. Anyone know if I am missing something?

Felladrin

Sorceror
Was just checking this out. I am auto joining channels(added General and Trade to the Newbie Help) when I login to the game but I am not seeing the Chat window at all. If i hit the CHAT icon on the tool bar it just brings up the chat channels. Anyone know if I am missing something?

At some point, EA removed the old chat client (that one with a window) and replaced by a on-screen chat, like Knives' Chat System.

To use the old chat client you need to be running an old UO Client, prior then 7.x.