RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[claim your kills and reduce lag ;)

daat99

Staff member
[claim your kills and reduce lag ;)

15/03/2005 v0.4 post #10
Made dead players unable to claim corpses ;)

08/02/2005 v0.3 post #9
Fixed a possible crash when trying to claim a corpse after server restart.
Made it not check for looting rights for low level monsters (less then 1000 fame+karma).
Thanx to Memnoch for the idea ;)

30/01/2005 v0.2
Released an update that allow people to reclaim corpses without typing [claim again.
Just claim 1 corpse and it'll keep letting you claim untill you click on unclaimable object or hit esc on keyboard.

v0.1
Here's the [claim script again, tested on RunUO 1.0.0
Basically a player type [claim and click on a corpse that he have looting rights on (he or his pet\summon killed).
It make sounds when you get gold and when you click at the wrong thing.
Players can claim human corpses but not player corpses ;)

I'm soooooo happy to be the third script poster for runuo 1.0.0

Attachments

• Claim.cs
    3.8 KB · Views: 867

daat99

Staff member
Updated to v0.2
Added a loop for players to keep claiming corpses untill they hit unclaimable corpse or hit esc in keyboard.
Will save them a lot of [claim typing ;)

nomad707

Knight
i may be wrong, but wasnt this already done with the redeeming command? i see it in a buttload of servers.
command is [red.
Just wondering, otherwise cool script. :)

daat99

Staff member
poopthrower said:
i may be wrong, but wasnt this already done with the redeeming command? i see it in a buttload of servers.
command is [red.
Just wondering, otherwise cool script. :)
The redeem command claimed to have looting rights however if your pet or summon killed the creature you was able to loot it (you had looting rights) but you were unable to redeem it.
In this script which work on the same base as the redeem and sacrafice commands I made sure that if the player was allowed to loot the corpse he'll be able to claim it.
Also a big change in the redeem and sacrafice you were unable to claim npc human corpses and as a big bug in it you were able to claim player corpses that was polymorphed into something other then human.
In this script you can claim all non player corpses including human corpses.
I added some sounds to it and nice sentances to reflect what you tried to do
For instance if you tried to claim a player corpse you'll be either "spooked away" or apologize for trying to claim it.
There is a version of [red that set the reward based on corpse type (dragons get more then rats etc).
I took this way of thinking into the next stage and instead of basing it on the corpse type I based it on the karma and fame of the creature.
This script will add the monsters karma and fame (-5000 is treated as +5000 points) and divide it by 100.
This way you can script your ubber monsters and give them fame and karma acording to their strenght while they won't get just the reward of a dog (if you based the mob as a dog).

The base is the same but the end result is totaly different and much more advanced then the [red and [sac scripts combined.

If you think about any improvments please let me know ;)

P.S.
I didn't copy\pasted the [red or [sac scripts into this 1 but I did refer to them for the "core" of the script.

ssalter

Account Terminated
nice, daat, thanks. Enhancing the [redeem script is on my very long list of things to do and maybe I don't have to do it now! :)

daat99

Staff member
ssalter said:
nice, daat, thanks. Enhancing the [redeem script is on my very long list of things to do and maybe I don't have to do it now! :)
The option to redeem your pets and summons kills was on my list for a very long time as well, and I know that the writer of the redeem command wanted to do that too (looks like he gave up on it tho, as I did for a while).
I never thought I would be able to enhance it in the way I did, I always thought about something a lot smaller ;)

daat99

Staff member
08/02/2005 version 0.3
Fixed a possible crash when trying to claim a corpse after server restart.
Made it not check for looting rights for low level monsters (less then 1000 fame+karma).
Thanx to Memnoch for the idea ;)

Marak

Sorceror
hehe yet another script - tho i handt even thought of this one - my luckky day - 3 in a row :D Thnx for all ur hard work guys :) Although i think my local pub is going to be pissed off - less stress for me - less beer for me :)

daat99

Staff member
Marak said:
hehe yet another script - tho i handt even thought of this one - my luckky day - 3 in a row :D Thnx for all ur hard work guys :) Although i think my local pub is going to be pissed off - less stress for me - less beer for me :)
I'm glad you liked it :)

Tintamar

Sorceror
Found an exploit with this.

2 Players go to fel and res kill one players pet and keep claiming it, mass tokens in minutes.

daat99

Staff member
Tintamar said:
Found an exploit with this.

2 Players go to fel and res kill one players pet and keep claiming it, mass tokens in minutes.
It isn't realy an exploit, in any case the official reward is ment to be gold and in small amounts, not tokens.
If your players getting mass tokens within minutes from killing a bonded pet then you need to tune down the reward formula big time because it doesn't suppose to happen.

Tintamar

Sorceror
Yeah I changed reward to tokens insted of gold and added a limit of no more then 150 tokens. How would I add a line to check if its a bonded pets corpse? is it even possable?

daat99

Staff member
Tintamar said:
Yeah I changed reward to tokens insted of gold and added a limit of no more then 150 tokens. How would I add a line to check if its a bonded pets corpse? is it even possable?
Yes it's possible.
Check my OWLT system for championspawn.cs
You need the cleaner code, it have a line that check if it's bonded pet then not delete it.

daat99

Staff member
tsuhaam said:
I am fairly new and dl'ed the .cd file but which folder do I extract it too? thanks for your time
You can place the *.cs file anywhere inside the scripts folder (don't forget to restart the shard every time you change\add\remove scripts).

tsuhaam

Wanderer
Auto Claim

Sorry to bother again but is there a way to change the commands to make it auto claim corpses you killed. I tried to change it a lil bit but i got no success. thanks

daat99

Staff member
tsuhaam said:
Sorry to bother again but is there a way to change the commands to make it auto claim corpses you killed. I tried to change it a lil bit but i got no success. thanks
Yes there's a way but:
I don't support modifications of any kind in this thread (nor in pms).