RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Client can't save options...No client file edits made

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I have been having my user's connect via UOStream. I had a player inform me that their client crashes any time they try to change an option and I'm unsure where to start looking to fix this.

No client files have been modified.

Using Classic client.

There are custom scripts installed, but I have not began research into this yet as I didn't think that the scripts would affect something on the client side of things :L

tindo

Sorceror
Sounds like its on their end. Do you have anything set that might be trying to negotiate features?

tindo

Sorceror
This happens with any option or just certain ones?

Are you able to recreate tge issue? I know somewhere there is a script that tries to report client crash information, you might try to find that and attempt to recreate what yiur players are doing.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Ok just tried with a fresh server no customs and doesn't cause the crash :(

So I gotta go through and find what I added....
at least it's early lol

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Can't find a script referencing client crashing. You think anything like SpyUO would help (never used the program)?

tindo

Sorceror
Don't think it was SpyUO, I'll see if I can find the link, I'm thinking _Epila_ mentioned it before.

Bummer on the custom scripts, most likely something that is try to negotiate features.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I got the error that clients get. Turns out it is affecting everyone (even me). It's not crashing the shard though.

Code:
Could not open file for writing C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\user\DWO: Rebirth\PyroTech03\desktop.uos

I started with a fresh install and added most of the customs back in (still have a few to go). Not getting the error on test server.

tindo

Sorceror
Sounds like UOSteam is not able to access the correct file to save its profile. Are you running UOSteam as administrator?

You might want to post this on the UOSteam website. It might be something with the way its trying to save.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Figured it out! Had a colon : in the name on serverlist. When it made the folder, it couldn't save as you can't have that in a folder name.

/dumb

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Yeah, after typing out the error is when I started really thinking about it.

Too bad I didn't think about it before testing all my customs. :L