RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Client using custom files

Client using custom files

hi,

i dont have a real serverprob on my mono, but i didnt know where to place this question:

Is it possible to let the client use other files than the .muls and .cfgs in the UO directory?

this would be great, because i could create a subfolder /myshard/ and place all customfiles there - so people wouldnt need a 2nd installation for my shard.

thnx

Tabain

Sorceror
You can tell the client to use files with other names, as long as the file-name is the same length.

This involves physically editing the client binary however, which isn't something you should do unless you know what you are doing.

Tabain;848650 said:
You can tell the client to use files with other names, as long as the file-name is the same length.

This involves physically editing the client binary however, which isn't something you should do unless you know what you are doing.

this would already be very good, but i dont have any experience in binary-editing, except of chainging something in the teamspeak program :p

if nobody has another idea, i will definetly try this.

edit: another idea: what about simply moving the client.exe + other files iin a subfolder and specify a custompath in razor???