RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Client

Dominaria

Wanderer
Can the SDK read information FROM the client? Such as skills or location etc? I have tryed, but have had no success.

What I am trying to do is this:
I am trying to mock those programs that used to show your stats, or how many regs you had etc, for my own use.. More of an experiment if anything.. Please offer any help.

Thanks in advance.

Bradley

Sorceror
I blieve one of the SDK's methods returns a memory stream that could be used to read the client's memory. I've never used it, but I believe if you knew the offset of that vars in memory you could read them.

Any chance you might know which one and how I might use it? I really appreciate the help.

Dominaria

Wanderer
Some how UOAssist does/did it.. I think it was written in Delphi.. Anyone know how to yank info like skill values from the UO client?

omegared

Wanderer
Look into it at the debugger, find the memory addresses that hold stats/skills, in your program do OpenProcess and read/write that memory ;]

Necr0Potenc3

Sorceror
location you have to find a function inside the client and disasm it and get the offsets (my map tool does that =P)

kinda like uoam that is

skills, you gotta find the buffer in the client`s memory, just look at the 0xa3 pkt handler

cheers mate, thats easy

[Shaman]

Wanderer
theres a way too with the sdk.. client.calibrate() and client.location() if im correct so no need to unplug anything from your client

Revan

Sorceror
(might be a stupid question)
how could i read the map and draw it into a picturebox or something?
Does the (amazing) SDK do that?

now i've been screwing around with
this for hours.
wtf is ref int?!
if i'd learn that i'd probably be able to read coordinates, but i cant!
:evil:

[Shaman]

Wanderer
it means that you got to give it a (preferbly) empty variable and the function gives that variable a value... in the case of getting the location of your character you need to give it 4 variables: an x, y, z and a var that contains the number of the world.. once the function is done and your script continues those variables are set with the location of your character

Revan

Sorceror
[code:1]int xcoord;
int ycoord;
int zcoord;
int worldnumber;
Ultima.something.blargh(xcoord, ycoord, zcoord, worldnumber);[/code:1]
?
Would that set the x,y and zcoord vars to the location?
(btw i'm not at my regular computer so i can't check the something.blargh :p)

ok, so i tried doing that.. but it wants ref int's not normal int's..
how do i make reference integers?
i tried ref int variablename;
but it don't work :\
please help as soon as possible!