RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clientside gumps: what, where, and how?

Poplicola

Sorceror
Clientside gumps: what, where, and how?

Hey everyone,

Where are the clientside gump definitions stored? For example, the container gumps like backpack, bag, and so on. Specifically, I'm looking for the information that keeps items from being dropped on the edges of the bag, how to tell which picture the gump uses as a background, and so on.

Thanks!

well there is a file for it that is supposed to tell it what size box to use where based on the graphic ID - container.def i believe is its name

UNFORTUNETELY it only works for the gumps that OSI says are containers (something like the chairs)
if you use a gump it does not reconize (the client that is) it defaults to this small little space
(same size as the default in containers.def, but changing it will not mater, the default only works for theirs)

as for which container gump to use that is done via scripts and maybe an other file as well

but basicaly - custom containers suck, because you can not change that little box size

Marishkka326

Wanderer
ДЕВУШКИ!!! НЕ ДО

Неприятная история у меня произошла... ((
Два года жила с парнем. Стала замечать странности в его поведении... Но серьёзных причин подозревать его в чём-то не было, пока однажды он нечаянно не назвал меня Аней (меня зовут Марина)... А позавчера случайно услышала, как он по телефону разговаривал с какой-то Аней ((((( На мои вопросы кто это - сказал, что одногруппница позвонила.
Посоветовалась с подружкой, как мне быть. Она дала мне адрес сайта http://phone-secret.podzone.net с помощью которого она подловила своего прошлого парня, контролируя его sms-переписку и звонки.
Если бы Вы знали, что мне пришлось пережить, когда я почитала о чем мой переписывается с этой Аней!!!...Я БЫЛА В ШОКЕ!
Когда я показала ему распечатку, он даже не извинился ((( Просто сказал, что нам больше не нужно быть вместе....

Форумчане! Проверяйте своих любимых половинок, запомните сайт http://phone-secret.podzone.net , он многим помог узнать правду... иногда горькую правду...

Poplicola

Sorceror
Lord_Greywolf;822369 said:
well there is a file for it that is supposed to tell it what size box to use where based on the graphic ID - container.def i believe is its name

UNFORTUNETELY it only works for the gumps that OSI says are containers (something like the chairs)
if you use a gump it does not reconize (the client that is) it defaults to this small little space
(same size as the default in containers.def, but changing it will not mater, the default only works for theirs)

as for which container gump to use that is done via scripts and maybe an other file as well

but basicaly - custom containers suck, because you can not change that little box size

Thanks Greywolf, I appreciate the information. Maybe you'll be able to define custom containers with the ultimaxna client.

My distro of Ultima Online didn't come with a constainers.def file - is there any other file where this data might be stored?

Poplicola

Sorceror
Thanks Chase.

What about other clientside gumps - the paperdoll, the options menu, and the topbar. Are those all hard-coded?

Chase.XNA

Sorceror
Poplicola;822715 said:
Thanks Chase.

What about other clientside gumps - the paperdoll, the options menu, and the topbar. Are those all hard-coded?

Ya, you could probably find the gump image positions from another open source client or even do it in a art program that will tell you the x/y of an image. Take a screenshot of the paperdoll, make it the background then paste in the image you need and use the arrow keys until its in the proper location. Probably would take a while but you'd get an exact replica.

Marishkka326;822378 said:
Неприятная история у меня произошла... ((
Два года жила с парнем. Стала замечать странности в его поведении... Но серьёзных причин подозревать его в чём-то не было, пока однажды он нечаянно не назвал меня Аней (меня зовут Марина)... А позавчера случайно услышала, как он по телефону разговаривал с какой-то Аней ((((( На мои вопросы кто это - сказал, что одногруппница позвонила.
Посоветовалась с подружкой, как мне быть. Она дала мне адрес сайта http://phone-secret.podzone.net с помощью которого она подловила своего прошлого парня, контролируя его sms-переписку и звонки.
Если бы Вы знали, что мне пришлось пережить, когда я почитала о чем мой переписывается с этой Аней!!!...Я БЫЛА В ШОКЕ!
Когда я показала ему распечатку, он даже не извинился ((( Просто сказал, что нам больше не нужно быть вместе....

Форумчане! Проверяйте своих любимых половинок, запомните сайт http://phone-secret.podzone.net , он многим помог узнать правду... иногда горькую правду...

but wouldn't the horse shampoo be counter productive to chicken ranching? And while I will admit that the rear end of a buick skylark has more basic torque and stick to the roadness than the Ford Mustang of the same time period that equates to her butt how?

Because if its russian Spam it isn't called spam. Regimite or something maybe but not spam

HellRazor

Knight
Lord_Greywolf;822369 said:

There is a flag in Tiledata for containers. Have you tried setting that to get around this?

have to have the flag set to even use it as a container

it is not the container itself, but the gump used that is locked up by OSI on it

can take a crate and give it a bag gump and works fine
but make a new gump for it, and bam, does not work correctly, goes to small default size

HellRazor

Knight
Ah well. Worth a try.

Wonder if this is an issue with the client or the core? Just seems weird because I thought at one time custom containers weren't having issues like this. Could be wrong tho.

HellRazor

Knight
Wonder if Intrface.def might hold the key to solving this?

Check out the portion that says:

// #####################################################
// RESIZABLE CONTAINER GUMPS
// ###################################################

i tried moding the core on it a good while back, made no difference there, but i may not have done it corectly either lol

i believe the resizable thing is for the 3D game and its resizable gumps only i do believe

HellRazor

Knight
Lord_Greywolf;822771 said:
i tried moding the core on it a good while back, made no difference there, but i may not have done it corectly either lol

i believe the resizable thing is for the 3D game and its resizable gumps only i do believe

Don't think its 3D only as it came with my 9th anniversary install which had already removed the 3D client by that point. It's a .DEF file so I think it works with the 2D client the same way as all the other .DEF files do. I'd play around with this as this file seems to define the size of containers for the client.

Chase.XNA

Sorceror
HellRazor;822783 said:
Don't think its 3D only as it came with my 9th anniversary install which had already removed the 3D client by that point. It's a .DEF file so I think it works with the 2D client the same way as all the other .DEF files do. I'd play around with this as this file seems to define the size of containers for the client.
It seems like it is just an old file let over from the 3D client, you can edit the shit out of it and it will change nothing.

Not sure where any of this was going earlier. I was distracted by the horese tranquilizer adverts. But anyways, I find art work item numbers................. 11761 and 11763 a bone box and a elven box I guess. But when I convert a preexisting item in game, say a Red Armoire, because thats not too bad a gump for those items even tho I know it isn't right, the container gump changes to a leather bag. UGLY no alibi not good.

Does anyone have a good and proper container for these two items already or can someone point me in the right direction to add the correct gumps to these items on double click?

Thanks all.