RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cliloc Programs and getting Cliloc numbers

x2man

Sorceror
Cliloc Programs and getting Cliloc numbers

I am attempting to convert Loki's music box to RC1 I keep having shard crashing issues when attemtping to add song tracks. I have removed the songs that I do not have on this version of RunUO and made modifications to support this. I beleive it is due to the cliloc numbers on the songs not matching my version of RunUO. I am a not a master scripter and as such did a crash course through RunUO to understand what the Cliloc number were and where to get.

Now I have tried several Cliloc programs, and it would seem I get this error on any of them when I try to load them in the Cliloc programs--
UO Localization Editor: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback Parameter name: chars

So I suppose my questions are:
1. whats the best Cliloc program I can get as a freeware (perhaps best way to get Cliloc numbers?)
2. To make sure I'm in the right files are these the Cliloc files: Cliloc.chs, Cliloc.cht, Cliloc.deu, Cliloc.enu, Cliloc.esp, Cliloc.fra, Cliloc.jpn, and Cliloc.kor (if so anyone have a clue which one is for music in case I figure out how to get one open?)
3. Any one have a clue why I'm getting this error?

Thank you for your time.

and by the way - all those files are the same file, just in different languages

i use UO Localization editor all the time, and got a crash maybe once

try opening the ENU one - it is englosh
you might be trying to open the chineese, etc ones with out having language support for them

x2man

Sorceror
Well thank you guys for your efforts but I've re downloaded the Cliloc program from the link Kar Mall sent and tryied to open ENU has Lord_Greywolf suggested and still I get the same error. Thank your for trying.

HellRazor

Knight
What version of the client is it?

OSI changed the file format for the clilocs some time back so if you are using an older client with a newer cliloc utility (or visa versa) it might be what is causing the problem.

HellRazor

Knight
See if this program works, I think it supports both the old and the new CLILOC formats.

Attachments

• ClilocEditor.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 118

x2man

Sorceror
HellRazor thank you,but unfortunetly when I tried your program I got even more errors. turley here is a copy of the cliloc.enu

Attachments

• Cliloc.zip
    567.8 KB · Views: 41

HellRazor

Knight
I couldn't open the zip due to the old "corrupt zip file" bug on the forums.

But it sounds to me like your cliloc file may have been corrupted in some fashion. The file format for the cliloc files is fairly simple so the only reason I can think of for it to not be readable is if it is in the wrong format or is corrupt somewhere in the file.

x2man

Sorceror
Perhaps this could be it, I have UO on both an XP computer and a Vista computer and have tried to view these files on both of them with the same error. So guess I will just remain clueless on CLILOC numbers and forget this project for now. Thanks you all for the help.