RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cloak Of The Magi

BowhunterDT

Wanderer
Cloak Of The Magi

Summary:
I made this a few months back and never posted it, so I decided to now.

Description:
Just a cloak in 1150 that adds 20 to eval int, magery, necromancy , and 20 to int

Installation:
Just drop into your custom folder

Attachments

• CloakOfTheMagi.cs
    2.2 KB · Views: 701

BowhunterDT

Wanderer
Well I made that did not copy your script if that is what your trying to say, matter of fact , it's the only one I have seen

C

chrisjones

Ya oddly enough

I remeber doin one myself lotta that credits going around latly

§?§

Magnus Arvelian
ANCIENT LANDS

"Theres Reason For My Madness"

§?§

Darkness_PR

Wanderer
good work btw

hey if the man said he did it from scratch let him have the credit there is lots of custom artys and scripts out there very similar, :p so just chillout besides is not that big of deal i could understand if it was a bigger system and u can know the diff and similarities but come on its just a cloak!

dragosia_01

Wanderer
hey not a problem

hey if was just stating it is just like one i made awhile ago only mine had another name. not sure if it uses the same graphics or not cause i dont have a working copy of aos to find out right now. if anyone wants to see my old scripts look under drgsldr69 that is my old screen name on here. which i would still be using if i could remember my password or had access to my old email account lol.

David

Moderate
dragosia_01 said:
hey if was just stating it is just like one i made awhile ago only mine had another name. not sure if it uses the same graphics or not cause i dont have a working copy of aos to find out right now. if anyone wants to see my old scripts look under drgsldr69 that is my old screen name on here. which i would still be using if i could remember my password or had access to my old email account lol.

You know what? I did the search you suggested, and found this script. Seems to me Silent pretty much wrote that script for you, and guess what? It was based off MY script here. In fact I'd say both these scripts were based off mine which is why they look similiar. Since my script was provided expressly for that purpose, it looks like no harm, no foul.

Scripts are going to be examined and modified. That is how we all learn. And simple scripts such as a cloak have limited ways to arrive at the goal so even code developed with no influance at all will be similiar. Credit for previous work should be given to the origional authors, I feel, in cases of adjustments to larger scripts or where a substantial amount of code was ported to the new script.

Darkness_PR

Wanderer
Damn RIght

Your right david im just a noob but my exp has went high enough to do this kind of stuff and acutally make mods my self to my scirpt and my shard when i 1st started in this scripting world i didn't know ZERO of it, so we do learn from this scripts and also u have a point of giving credit, but they also might have templates i just did one of these weapons with skills bonus and i used the midnight braces skill bonus lines sinc ei didnt do so basically all we do is trade lines from other script to make biggers scritps :p:D

Sir Xuse

Wanderer
Credit is to those who do...

Ill post a credit to the ones who do mod scripts ...Thats all of us... We take an idea and mod it plain and simple...Not to cheat anyone but to go on a hint of the way we see it should be or like it... Other than changing names and what no is all good , but when u take say a script thats been writen and sign yur name on it straight out noing all u d done is change its name and take credit upon it well thats a different story...And we are all to learn from others its what People in general do its parta life noone should be dragged down for it hehehe...
I say good work bro for showing us your idea on it is all.....