RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C'mon, Phantoms ok :)

D

Dupre

Phantom needs some horse tranq's or something...

never talked too anyone MORE easy to annoy.

juani

Wanderer
undoubtely he knows a lot.

he helped me a few times too, but ive seen him flame many times ppl who knew less than him, becaue they didnt know how to ask for something, or they where doing something wrong, or he didnt feel like answering.

dont misunderstand me, i would love to have him as a developer in my team, but im not letting him answer the HelpDesk phone :)

i think this forum is a good idea cause itll keep nubi questions out of his sight, and its also a place for nubis like me to post out silly questions.

Ravenal

Knight
he an't so bad! I mean its when the new players don't bother to read the new rules, in FAQ or wherever... They need to cuz that what makes him kinda annoying cuz he has to tell people 10,000 times before they attcually say ok, i guess your right, I didn't read them... I know cuz i'll admit i haven't read them.. But I knew at a start that This place was not for Request, it was for help... and I got it so far :D

Phantom

Knight
I won't bother people in this forum.

Just don't flame me like this thread is turning into.

Anyhow just don't flame me, and I won't have a problem not answering people in this thread...

Devious

Wanderer
I never had a prob with the man. He gives the answer you ask most of the time. If he leaves his answers vague its because he would like the ppl to learn as he has. Then u can answer your own questions and help others. Kinda return the favor.

He takes the "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish, feed him for a lifetime." outlook on helping everyone here. If you want to learn, he's terrific. If you want to be spoonfed, you'll hate him.

Whether Phantom is rude to you or not, is mostly something you have to decide.

Ravenal

Knight
I know i wouldn't.... Thanks to Phantom i am far from learning now, i am going to get some training soon to make my own game client :eek:

S

Saroman

In all honesty I think Phantom's ONLY problem is that he gets pissed off WAY too easy.

...and he has little to no patience. (and no it's NOT just with people wanting to be "spoon fed").

Other than that he's A-OK. ;)

PS: And I think he takes life too searously but thats just my 0.02$ ;)

flowerbudd

Sorceror
:D

ABout 3/4 of my major issues have been solved because of Phantom.
**Note I said Because and not By**
Phantom made me walk through and do it, with guidance. Because of him I have absorbed a small fraction of scripting, more than I would have without him.

Just having a forum with his name in it, shows what a major persona he is to this community

Graendur

Wanderer
Aye, flowerbudd, I agree. I posted about a problem and although Phantom didn't tell me what the problem was, he did help me find it.

Minot

Sorceror
It seems to me that we, as a community, are a bit too overzelous in stating the rules and expressing that in a very abrupt manner to new RunUO users. Certainly I want everyone to use the forum search command, but some kindness and tact in telling them the info is already there will go a long way. Sometimes I'm shocked at the statements I hear being hurled at unsuspecting newbies. I honestly don't believe they mean any harm. They are new, excited, and probably a little over whelmed. I think we should all guide them back to the search engines. When we do that, we must remember that the tone we set will be what they remember about RunUO, especially if we, the community, scare them away. In my opinion, the last thing we ought to do is give them a harsh welcome and send them running. Give them some direction and they too will reap the benefits of enjoying RunUO.

-MINOT-

[Shaman]

Wanderer
Devious said:
exactly what would you learn if he gave you the easy answer to all your problems.

heh agreed if you want to learn things you gotta learn it the hard way 8) else you'll learn shit

Phantom is a great guy 8)

p.s. devious, are you the devious that used to hang around nl?

LordHogFred

Knight
At first look at some of his posts Phantom can look rude, but since I've been using the forums more and more I don't find him offensive or rude at all.

When I've posted things on the forums and I have always got straight, useful answers from him, I don't think he's rude he just gets straight to the point, plus he's never flamed anything I've posted.

He's a decent guy and I can understand how someone as learned as him could get rather annoyed with ppl asking the same Q's over and over again because they're not using the FAQ search.

Got no probs with him at all :D

sicron

Sorceror
Glad to see phantom getting some commendations..I have to agree with what most people are saying here in the fact that phantom has tremendously helped the runuo community..while many will not agree with his ways..for the most part he puts it like it is..wether you like it or not he too is entitled to his opinion, attitude or whatever you want to call it..I also credit much of what little I know to following phantoms most often given piece of advice..and that is search..chances are if you are having a problem someone else has already had it and a solution for it posted..and if you dont like what he has to say..well you can just ignore his posts..dont take things to heart because when you get right down to it were all here to help each other :D
Sicron

Just as UO has trammel..RunUo forums now have a phantom-free zone :D