RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compiling and Running RunUO 2.1 from source

RavageUO

Wanderer
Hey everyone,

New to RunUO, new to C#, not new at all to programming.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a guide out there that would walk someone through the steps of compiling their first RunUO server from source.

I have Microsoft Visual Express for C# and am trying to compile and run it from there. I'll list out what I've done so far and feel free to tell me where I'm going wrong or just offer up a whole new solution.

I plan on documenting this process for future newbs on my RunUO development blog.

Got the RunUO 2.1 source from the Announcements forum and added it to my project by simply dragging the files in (I feel like there should be a more formal process to this...)

Everything compiled fine. I could build okay. But when I hit F5 to run it, I get this:

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts... no files found.
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts... done
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no scrip files were found. - Press return to exit, or R to try again

Now I assume the fact that it found no C# scripts is a bad thing and thus causing the error.

Any idea which scripts I'm supposed to move and to where?

Thanks for the help. If you can offer any advice for steps before or beyond this, I'm all ears (eyes I guess, really)

daat99

Staff member
I'm too lazy to search and direct you to a thread but I'm sure there is some kind of a guide either in the server/script support forums stickies or the FAQ forum.

In any case the C# scripts should be downloaded when you download the compiled RunUO version, when you compile your own you still need all the other stuff that is in the compiled package.

RavageUO

Wanderer
Thanks daat99. That's all I needed to get me over the hump. Some googling about C# and some swearing at my computer later, I got it figured out and updated the post on my dev blog for any other newbies.