RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compiling at startup

napkinthief

Wanderer
Compiling at startup

I noticed everytime I run the RunUo.exe, it compiles the scripts from all the folders, even though I may only have one or two errors in a single file. Wouldn't it be more efficent to have runuo just compile all the scripts one time, and save it into a single file for quicker startup? Then maybe have a folder for modifications or new scripts, that runuo.exe will go through and make necessary changes?

stormwolff

Knight
napkinthief;729179 said:
I noticed everytime I run the RunUo.exe, it compiles the scripts from all the folders, even though I may only have one or two errors in a single file. Wouldn't it be more efficent to have runuo just compile all the scripts one time, and save it into a single file for quicker startup? Then maybe have a folder for modifications or new scripts, that runuo.exe will go through and make necessary changes?

With 2.0 it should only do this when you make any script changes. If all you are doing is rebooting it should use the script cache and skip the long compile.

Check out this mod for something like what you are suggesting:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/other/83839-lokai-versioning-workbench-mod.html