RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Messaging System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury

Wanderer
Complete Messaging System

Click here to download

Summary:
Messaging system for players.
Based on my old submission with new additions.

Description:
-Ability for players to send messages to other users.

-Ability for players to mark themselves invis and not show up on list.

-Ability for players ignore specific users.

-Guild Chat.

-Ability to block incoming guildchat.

-Quick Reply button.

-Staff can become visible and communicate with players if they want.

-Accesslevels still checked so an admin can see anyone invis or not.

-Users cant ignore staff.

-Revamped the old gumps

Installation:
Replace PlayerMobile with one provided (beta36) or modify yours using the directions. Drop rest into a custom folder.

mebane2

Wanderer
Excellent. This is something I have been wanting in UO for a long time. I am hoping that you won't stop posting your scripts because they are good. I know what it's like to get ridden on a forum like you have, but I have learned the best thing to do is just keep going. Never retreat. It would be bad for the RunUO community to loose you Fury.

Man, I was talking with my friend last night about something like this for a shard, and here it is :)
Your a good scripter, it would be a shame to see you go, here hoping you don't eh? ;)

lordomega

Wanderer
Ran across an odd, server-crashing error. This has only happened to me once, I've been unable to re-create it as of yet.

Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.0.2195.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 12/22/2003 2:44:42 PM
Mobiles: 12938
Items: 149107
Clients:
- Count: 12
[code:1]Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Gumps.MsgGump.Initialize(Int32 page, OCPlayerMobile whopm)
at Server.Gumps.MsgGump..ctor(Mobile owner, ArrayList list, Int32 page)
at Server.Gumps.MsgGump.Msg_OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
at Server.Commands.Handle(Mobile from, String text)
at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UnicodeSpeech(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
[/code:1]

I've yet to see anything in the MsgGump script that would constitute a problem, but I'll continue to look and test. If anyone has anything helpful they'd like to input, be my guest. Note, I have this particular set up in a custom mobile class. I haven't had a problem up until now, if there are any issues using custom mobiles that the author would like to point out, feel free. This has only happened when several people have joined our test server, it happens with our staffmembers more often, however I have seen it happen with regular players as well.

Fury

Wanderer
I dont use an extended mobile class so i dont really know.. i have not seen this crash and ive been basically using this script on a live shard for months..

if i had to guess i would say maybe a problem with yer login method containing

[code:1]if ( pm.m_IgnoreList == null )
pm.m_IgnoreList = new ArrayList();[/code:1]

or this in deserialize

[code:1]if ( m_IgnoreList == null )
m_IgnoreList = new ArrayList();
[/code:1]

but has to be a problem in your custom playermobile...

HellRazor

Knight
Fury,

Is this the same script that was posted here:

http://www.runuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15103&highlight=

I had crash problems with that one, it seemed to involve the system trying to display users who had logged off.

HellRazor

Fury

Wanderer
yea same one but like i said i know it works.. and i dont think its users logged off.. i think its same as above guys problem where users have a null ignorelist.

HellRazor

Knight
Could be. I'll give it another shot when I get the chance to see if that fixes things. Hope so, because I really liked this script! Thanks for posting it again.

HellRazor

smoke42

Wanderer
Player Moble

I read somewhere that if you change the player moble it will not effect the the existing player mobles just the ones that are created after moble creation. or am i wrong on this?

Fury

Wanderer
no, that is something different.. that would be making a playermobile subclass.. as far as this script goes it would save new info to players and would update everyone.

S

Seven

Oh, i forgot to ask...Is there anything that needs to be seralized desearlized?

Fury

Wanderer
i serialized whether the player is visable or not on the list but its not necessarily required but i assure you players will ask for it if you dont.

S

Seven

That means i'll have to clear my accounts again...*sigh*...if there was only a way runuo could have it where it added the new seralization desearlization to the old mobiles :(

Fury

Wanderer
when people log in they will all be visible on the list.. another option which i origionally did but players still wanted more was add this to onlogin method in playermobile

[code:1]if ( pm.AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player )
pm.Onshow = true;
else
pm.Onshow = false;[/code:1]

this way when people log in players will be visible staff will be hidden by default and you wont have to save anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.