RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Messaging System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom

Knight
Crackerjack said:
After implementing the script everything started fine. I saved, shutdown and restarted the server and got the following error:

[code:1]
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (1407 items, 414 mobiles)
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile
- Serial: 0x00000518
Delete the object? (y/n)
[/code:1]

I noticed that somebody else had this error, but Im still not understanding if my problem is with serializing/deserializing or something else.

Simple:

You didn't add the changes to PlayerMobile correctly. You should follow the directions in the first post or the readme which ever one it is, I don't know.

This is why I don't do changes to PlayerMobile when I don't need to.

Crackerjack

Wanderer
I went back and looked over the changes to playermobile and everything seemed right so I went ahead and tried to put in the playermobile file that came with the download. Still have the same error on startup however.

Fury

Wanderer
you cant simply just pop in the included playermobile unless you are starting a fresh shard or a test shard where you dont care if you lose players, i didnt mention that but maybe i assumed poeple knew more than i should of, the included playermobile i thought would make for a good reference though.. you have a save file that is looking for certain things upon loading... if its not right it will delete what its loading.. in this case players. if you post just the serialize/deserialize methods ill try and help ya.

Icon

Wanderer
1 thing your Basequest player moble file and added changes from this message system do dont work correctly it wants to remove Type: Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile and once u do this all chars are gone. Need a intergurted basequest and message system in 1 playermoble file plz .

Hk

Fury

Wanderer
post your playermobile serialize/deserialize methods... chances are you just have something out of order.

Icon

Wanderer
ahh i copied and pasted your added code that was in the readme.txt file to the playermoble file that u included to the basequest.zip file
and looked at the included playermoble file that u also included in the messaging system as reference everthing worked fine and complied just the del of the playermobe items when it loaded the world file in.

Only thing i saw was at the bottom in the cases's u have added a line of code to case 15 that has the solen friend to it thats not in your message playermoble files.

Hk

Icon

Wanderer
Got a small bug when ppl do [msg only about 10% of the ppl are showing up on the list of whos is on line

But when i the admin do it i can see them all online all 100% of them

Hk

Fury

Wanderer
That would be the ability to hide yourself on the list.. if that is not the case then it is something you did wrong.

Icon

Wanderer
yea might be but i dont think the players know about the system yet :(
oh well nice script :)
hey ever tried to add both your basequest and this message system into 1 playermoble.cs file?

I tried to add the 2 together and didnt work right :(

Hk

Avelyn

Sorceror
accounts

This really sounds like a great script. But with all the arguing and bantering on here, I can't pull out whether it is possible or not to add this to an existing shard without having to delete any player chars. Is it? Can I implement the script as is to do so?

Fury

Wanderer
Re: accounts

Avelyn said:
This really sounds like a great script. But with all the arguing and bantering on here, I can't pull out whether it is possible or not to add this to an existing shard without having to delete any player chars. Is it? Can I implement the script as is to do so?

No script will ever make you delete you players unless you dont know how to serialize/deserialize the playermobile properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.