RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Messaging System

Fury

Wanderer
Complete Messaging System

Summary:
Messaging system for players.
Based on my old submission with new additions.

Description:
-Ability for players to send messages to other users.

-Ability for players to mark themselves invis and not show up on list.

-Ability for players ignore specific users.

-Guild Chat.

-Ability to block incoming guildchat.

-Quick Reply button.

-Staff can become visible and communicate with players if they want.

-Accesslevels still checked so an admin can see anyone invis or not.

-Users cant ignore staff.

-Revamped the old gumps

Installation:
Replace PlayerMobile with one provided (beta36) or modify yours using the directions. Drop rest into a custom folder.

Attachments

• FuryMessaging1.5.zip
    18.1 KB · Views: 2,782

Dramakus

Wanderer
it causes my server to crash when loading regions

This window pops up
Server.exe - Common Language RUntime Debugging Services
Code:
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x5ac(1452), Thread id=0x6f4(1780).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

When I click ok it says a bunch of stuff and i cant highlight it the window dissapears when i click it.

Heres the crash Log

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.0.2195.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 2/23/2004 12:27:56 AM
Mobiles: 2327
Items: 71080
Clients:
- Count: 0

Exception:
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
   at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
   at Server.TileMatrixPatch.PatchStatics(TileMatrix matrix, String dataPath, String indexPath, String lookupPath)
   at Server.TileMatrixPatch..ctor(TileMatrix matrix, Int32 index)
   at Server.TileMatrix..ctor(Map owner, Int32 fileIndex, Int32 mapID, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at Server.Map.get_Tiles()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Kurrgan

Wanderer
I knew I saw this error somewhere before. After some searching, I found it here.

According to Phantom in that thread with the same exact error, you probably have a corrupt mul file and will need to restore your backups or reinstall UO. The person with the problem never replied, so I don't know if that fixed his problem or not. But Phantom is usually right, and I would be surprised if that did not work for you.

Kurrgan

Nagash

Sorceror
Fury: it really doesn't. Works just fine here (and I have LOTS of custom stuff, so it's not in conflict with anything).

Dimelin

Wanderer
Is there a command that i cant find that allows everyone to chat online like an *OOC* where everyone see's eachothers messages?

Nagash

Sorceror
Just a few questions

1) Do I have to make a charwipe if I add it to a running shard?

2) Should I add it to default player mobile or custom playermobile if I use a custom like the ones for race/class system?

Thx

Fury

Wanderer
command is .msg

no you wont have to wipe players.. follow the directions on how to add the code to your playermobile or custommobile, the only way it would give an error and ask you to wipe them is if you serialize/deserialize wrong or out of order.

Fury

Wanderer
For players using a custom playermobile add this to the customplayermobile script:

Code:
    public static void Initialize()
		{
			EventSink.Login += new LoginEventHandler( OnLogin );
		}

private static void OnLogin( LoginEventArgs e )
		{
			Mobile from = e.Mobile;

CustomMobile pm = from as CustomMobile;

if ( pm.m_IgnoreList == null ) 
				pm.m_IgnoreList = new ArrayList();
		}

yoshadii

Wanderer
This is one of my favorite codes! All I have to say about it is beautiful job! It has so many features, so I'm thinking you've outdone yourself! Give yourself a pat on the back!

Revolution

Wanderer
something nice would be too a Public Chat System, using: [pc to talk, [pcon to hear them on the chat, and [pcoff to mute all!

mqd100

Wanderer
Fury's Msg System defaults to Invis for players can you change that to show?

how do i make it so that fury's msging system is default showing for all players?

Fury

Wanderer
mqd100 said:
how do i make it so that fury's msging system is default showing for all players?

Find the OnLogin method in playermobile and set OnShow = true when player logs in.

C

Counselor-

I looked at ReadMe that came with this file. I still did not understand what I need to do for this to work, because I don't know where to place what he tolled me to add in that file, because if I place in wrong spot I normally get errors so could I get some help?

BTW, I saw your script being used on other shards. Nicely done, Fury. :)