RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

compression

noobie

Wanderer
compression

I dont know much about server-client architecture of runuo, but I have seen Zlib is used in the core. Is it built-in in the runuo client? Actually, i guess it should be :)

Anyway, the real purpose of this topic, to make you aware of some kind of new compression algorithm known as LZMA. Currently, it is the best compression around. However, it might be just an option to use with only Krrios client, since the official client wont support it. (at least for now)

more info about LZMA

noobie

Wanderer
anyway, as i said before, it was just a suggestion for Krrios client..
but i dont know whether it is worth to compress regular data.

noobie

Wanderer
noobie said:
Anyway, the real purpose of this topic, to make you aware of some kind of new compression algorithm known as LZMA. Currently, it is the best compression around. However, it might be just an option to use with only Krrios client, since the official client wont support it. (at least for now)

here..

Ravatar

Knight
The amount of data sent in a UO packet would not really warrant the need for this (except perhaps the gump packet).