RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

concerning new hued BS bod chances

gilgamash

Knight
concerning new hued BS bod chances

Greetings all,

looking at this thread:

Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online - Play the 14-Day Free Trial!

I have two questions when it comes to implementations:

1) Is the skill checked the BASE skill or a possibily modifed one (ancient hammer)?
2) Is it a hard decision or a soft one? (i.o.w: is there a chance-increase each 0.1 skill gain
above 100 skill level are the just two jumps at 110 and 120)

Would be nice to get hints,

thanks all,
G.

gilgamash

Knight
K, as I got no answeres, I for now implemented the bod chance adjustments as follows:

1) Skill check is done against BASE skill, so ancient hammers have NO impact on chances
2) The decision is soft (as far as this is possible for a discrete, non-continuous function :)), thus each 0.1 skillpoint in the range from 100.1 to 120.0 influences the chances (though slightly only)
3) The chances are adjusted according to the default chance distribution base on (1/2)^n, where n is the material (starting with n=2 at Dull Copper). Thus, chances for dull bods increase more than those for valorite.

A lot of code restructured due to multiple implementaitons of the same code in SVN 427.

First tests are going to happen soon,

G.