RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

configuring your router for connection

goofykid

Sorceror
configuring your router for connection

well you got this in a sticky but for the people who dont understand what hes saying ill try to point you in teh right direction from experience

(Step 1.) ok when you go into your router using 192.168.1.1 ect. you will most likely come to a page where it tells you if you are connected or not some where on that page there should be a navigation bar of some sort find it

(Step 2.) once you have found it there is most likely a little pull donwn menu called configuration,options ect find it and see if you can find a button named services, port forwarding ect click it

(Step 3.) on that page look for a button that says new port forward or some thign like that i think mine said define custom service but when u find a button like that and click it it will bring up a box

(Step 4.) there should be options to port forward or tigger forward click trigger forward and if you have a next button hit it then it will bring you to the ports you want to forward or it should i belive if not its got the name of the service or its got both any way if its got tghe name first or what ever put it what every u want the ports are what are inportant you should forward global port 2593-2593 and base port 259 it might have the protocol but thatle wait to step 5

(Step 5.) you should find where it says what protocol to make it you shoudl make it tpc that should have forwarding done

(step 6.)you either have to tell your router firewall to let port 2593 have connectiosn to your computer or you will have to turn it off i dont know how to tell it to skip the port so i turned mine off

(Step 7.) if you have an option for plug'n'play turn it on (at least i know i had to)

(Step 8.)well this isnt a need to do realy but if you have a dynamic ip (Meaning your ip (if im right that stands for internet protocol) changes every time your router disconnects or it loses power) you SHOULD download mr.fixit's serverlist from http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56860 it will solve the problem with your shard having the wrong ip (dont ask me why it needs it)
**but this will not stop your problems with having the wrong ip so u have to keep it uptodated atleast its 1 less thing to worry about though
right?** to stop having a dynamic ip try getting a dns from
www.no-ip.com is a good place or some times your router has an option to get a static ip so it doesnt change if it has this option i would reccomend it

(Step 9.) my farwell to you and thanks for using my guide i have here i hope it helps you but heres a tip SET UP YOUR COMPUTER FIREWALL TO SKIP PORT 2593 OR SHUT IT OFF IF NOT MY WORK HERE WILL BE IN VANE lol well thanks again

goofykid

Sorceror
hey guys is i hope you are still getting good advice from this please pm me if you find a problem wiht it or think it needs more information i put in all i could at the date i posted (2-25-06)