RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect Uo?

Pakko

Traveler
Whats wrong with CUO atm. I cant register a new shard on there is this a temporary thing? is there any where else i can advertise my shard? thanks guys.

tass23

Page
It was supposed to be a temporary thing, but it looks like that's the way it is now. If you had started your shard back in March, you would have gotten the chance to get it listed at least, but after that you couldn't update the listing.

Pakko

Traveler
thanx guys um how can i add patches or do my players have to DL them manually or does listuo account for that

tass23

Page
I'm not sure if ListUO has those capabilities or not, my players are getting my shard patches via my shard website and forums.

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
I'm not sure if ListUO has those capabilities or not, my players are getting my shard patches via my shard website and forums.

It can patch shards via my old app, ListUOGo provided the files are all compressed into either ZIP or RAR format.

I did start to update it to allow more than 1 file to hold all the patch files needed but never bothered to finish this part, as well as the web launch side of the app too... lack of time on my part unfortuantly.

The old app is still working but only on Windows XP with .NET v2.0

RL and free time are usually the bain of my life when it comes to hobbies and code now :mad:

tass23

Page
Okay dude, good to know :)
Unfortunately I'm on Win 7, but I'll give it a shot, maybe I'll get lucky :)

Pakko

Traveler
Yeah thanks "fingers".
Hey "tass23" did you manage to get it working as im on win 7 too....?

tass23

Page
Okay, I was able to get it working on my computer (Win 7 64-bit) by simply creating the directory on C:\ then running the program as Administrator.

tass23

Page
No, but I already had it install. I do have a problem trying to download the patch files though. They download fine, but then I get this error:

Attachments

• ListUOError.jpg
    ListUOError.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 7

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
Looks like the kind of problems i had with this before.

The app is surposed to make a new folder inside the games directory to store game patch and login data, kind of the same way old UOGateway did it but i think (not sure tho) the security in Vista and Win 7 caused a few hicups along the way. Something to do with maybe the way the registry setup in Vista and Win 7 differes slightly than Win XP did.

tass23

Page
Might I suggest changing it so it doesn't have to be on C:? Changing that will eliminate one problem at least. Vista and Win 7 won't allow programs to alter the root of C: and the Program Files folder(s) are protected from alteration during install. I think leaving a patch directory right in the ListUOGo folder works fine really. For now, I just told everyone on my shard forums that it'll work if they use XP, anything beyond that and they will have to manually install the shard patches.

Grom09

Sorceror
ok, havent been on here for a year.
so because cuo is discontinued, is there a replacement for this tool!?
how can we find shards or is there another shard list program.

Arvoreen

Sorceror
ok, havent been on here for a year.
so because cuo is discontinued, is there a replacement for this tool!?
how can we find shards or is there another shard list program.

Seems to me there's a handful of websites that rank shards and give connection info for them. Just google for "top uo shards" or something, and you'll find em I'm sure