RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connection Problems - Crash / Freeze at shard menu

Dark-Light

Wanderer
Connection Problems - Crash / Freeze at shard menu

EDIT:

After viewing other posts I am seeing a common theme.

Certain members have downloaded the latest RunUO 2.0 Final, and configure and forward everything properly, because external clients DO find their server, but for some reason once they reach the shard list they disconnect.

Original:

I am hosting identical server files, RunUO 2.0 Final, on two separate computers on my home network. One, a gaming laptop, is running windows 7 and has been my main computer for the past year. It accepts inbound connections from my players over the internet.

Conversely, when I alternate the forward port 2593 to the other server, running a fresh install of windows 7, AVG free and client 7.0.5.5 (which i overwrote with 7.0.2.2) and the same server files as my other server; it allows local connections from my home network, even ones that we send through our tampagamers.servegame.com host. However all non-local clients freeze and disconnect at the server selection menu.

Clients find my server, connect, validate, and once presented with the shard list, IF they click the shard they are frozen and disconnected. They can stay logged in indefinitely at the shard list window.

One of my servers is working just fine publicly, and by all accounts the settings are the same on both versions of windows 7 that I am running

Windows firewall is off (then on)
Permissions for public and private networks have been made for runuo and for UO
port 2593 is forwarded properly
And one of the servers will allow external connections when I switch the port forwarding to it.

I see no problems with my network configuration on the secondary server, I have AVG free installed on it wheras the working server has Avast...

The reason I would like to host on the alternate computer is a matter of convenience. As it isn't my primary computer, and the working server is a laptop, I would like to free myself up and truly be mobile without sacrificing server uptime.

Rich

Other shard owners with identical or similar issues;

wlrdwawoolard;

after i switch to windows 7 from vista nobody else could log into my server check the server list and nothing what could the problem be

Vision;

I'm having the same problem...

Router configured (outside players can see the screen to select the shard)
but when they choose the shard, he suddenly got disconnected

anyone know how to solve the problem?

it should be a rly easy solution, but I installed RunUO today so I'm completely lost what I should do

(My friend that can't connect downloaded the server and he can log in in his own server, and I can't login in his server)

5-4-10 - As of yet, unresolved.

Dark-Light;838167 said:
Windows firewall is off
RunUO see's incoming connections and the port is forwarded properly, it just disconnects inbound clients after they click on my server. They can sit in the shard selection screen and stay connected, only after they try to select my shard do they disconnect.

I apologize if this is convoluted,

Rich

not to be slow but when you say the port is forwarded properly are they both forwarded on 2593 by chance?

If so one needs a new port number and players will have to enter that new port number.

If not have you right clicked the RunUO folder and the EA games folder and set it to allow to run as admin?

Sarasota..................

Dark-Light

Wanderer
Thank you for your interest in helping me.

I have my router menu open, i alternate forwarding to 192.168.1.103 and 192.168.1.108. when forwarding to my main computer, external connections are accepted. when forwarding to the secondary computer connections get dumped at the server selection screen. So yes, both are forwarded to 2593, but I am alternating the forward to test solutions. Access is allowed from public and private connections, it is run as administrator, the firewall was off on the computer that is NOT allowing external connections, but is on for the computer that IS allowing connections externally.

IF both computers are within a network then each will need its own port.

Say 2593 and 2594 for test purposes.

So leave the one that is working fine alone set on port forwarded as 2593

and the new computer you are trying to get set up open the port for it as 2594

when players try to connect they would need to place the correct port to reach the correct machine.....

IF you have a host computer being used as a redirect to two differentg machines I couldn't help you because I haven't dealt with that myself but there is a post on the forums on how to do that as well...

gdluck

Dark-Light

Wanderer
Thank you stygian, but the issue does not rest with port forwarding. I have two computers on a home network listening for incoming connections on port 2593. At my router I make the decision as to which of the two receives the client. I alternate the port forwarding between a computer addressed at 192.168.1.103 and the other at 108. Depending upon which one i choose, I can look at one monitor or the other and see the incoming connection go to it.

Both computers receive incoming connections and both receive local players. My hang up is on my secondary server, the computer itself. Something about either the computer / drivers / adapter / windows 7 is preventing the alternate server from allowing clients past the shard selection screen. I aim to find out what, specifically is causing this.

Code:
Client: xx.xxx.xxx.238: Connected. [2 Online]
Login: xx.xxx.xxx.238: Valid credentials for 'LansierMisunth'
Client: xx.xxx.xxx.238: Disconnected. [1 online]

I first thought the problem was with the specific person, not my server, because they have a problematic virus ridden excuse for a computer. But I tested my server by hijacking one of the neighbor's connections and testing it myself. Any external connection trying to log into the server is revoked at the shard selection screen, only after you try to select a shard.

kat20

Sorceror
I had a similar problem, however it didn't seem to matter which machine i ran it on the server was simply stuck. By the way I understand what you mean, you have 2 pc's but only run one at a time, so therefor it is not your port obviously. As far as my server, I ended up updating to the latest svn, and adding the customs back in, which im still in working on. Sry I cant help if i find something to help Ill let you know...

Dark-Light

Wanderer
you are saying that the latest svn allows you to host with your computer, and that you had similar issues? I find it odd that I am running windows 7 on both computers the only real difference is after market software and basic hardware, but I will try the latest version and see where it gets me. Thank you

again trying to make sure....

you have a LAN.

the router is set to allow runuo on 192.168.1.103 and 192.168.1.108 both on port 2593.

if this is correct so far that would be the problem in that one server accepts traffic on port 2593 and the next server should accept traffic at a different port. Cant have the mail all going to the same address.

If that is not the problem then I would look at adminstrative permissions. Allowing them for public access on both the EA Games folder as well as the RUNUO folder.

Dark-Light

Wanderer
I understand what you are saying. I promise I am not noobedly overlooking a simple port forwarding issue. If I took a screen shot and showed you what I am doing, you would see that there is no conflict being generated by the method I am using. I think there is a problem with the hardware/windows 7/ RUO2.0 final combo that I am missing. The SVN should resolve this,

By the way, I don't know if you are heavily entrenched in a server already, but you might like to come hang out online at tampa gamers some time, I'm going to set up ventrillo and or teamspeak in the next few days.

please explain the method you are using then.

If it is exactly like I said, where both machines are set up in the router to listen on port 2593 then yes it usually doesn't cause in errors other than not being able to log in on the one server.

I have had three servers hooked up through our LAN. each had to have its own port, and players had to be told which port went to which shard.

I also had trouble with windows operating systems safety features on two of the three lap tops we have paying around.

To get around it I ended up moving all RUNUO folders and all EA Games folders to the front of the partioning before C: drive. Plenty of space and none of the pesky safety features that were automatically kicking in and shutting down connections.

Dark-Light

Wanderer
Originally I was hosting one server, Tampa Gamers, on an ASUS gaming laptop. All port forwarding was sent to 192.168.1.103. the no-ip dynamic ip host was automatically updated to tampagames.servegame.com and RunUO was on port 2593.

Three days ago I took back my older laptop, a dual core Vista machine, and reformatted it. I installed only barebones software and ported over my server files this morning. I set up ip forwarding, I set up port forwarding to 192.168.1.108 through port 2593 and all was good. I logged in as did the others on my LAN. It wasn't until my cousin tried to access the server from his house that he was unable to log in.

After a few hours of trouble shooting, I switched the port to forward to the original .103 address and booted my ASUS server up again. suprisingly it worked perfectly. I tried to alter, allow access, move, tweak and voodoo every file setting and checkbox in Windows 7, but as of yet, only the ASUS allows people into the character selection menu.

when the port is forwarding to the gateway, the gateway receives connections and the asus doesnt. I can log in, play the game, as can all others on my LAN. only connections coming from the internet get kicked at the shard selection menu (there is only one shard on the list and only one shard hosted).

when the port is forwarding to the asus, all incoming connections are accepted and internet bourne clients are allowed to play.

fragon

Wanderer
I have a similar problem: I installed the final release on a windows 7, and I forwarded necessary ports correctly, others CAN connect to the server, validate their credentials but they crash on the shard menu.

Client: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Connected. [2 Online]
Login: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Valid credentials for *********'
Client: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Disconnected. [1 online]

Phantom

Knight
I just want to perhaps point out the obvious but you cannot forward a port to multiple addresses within a local address.

I am hesitant to even reply to this thread because I believe I know the author through AIM and really do not wish to talk to them in private.

fragon

Wanderer
Well unlike the author, I forwarded the port 2593 to only one addresses. I have only one computer that I want to run a private RunUo server. But I got the same error that the author of this thread has:
I have a similar problem: I installed the final release on a windows 7, and I forwarded necessary ports correctly, others CAN connect to the server, validate their credentials but they crash on the shard menu.

Client: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Connected. [2 Online]
Login: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Valid credentials for *********'
Client: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Disconnected. [1 online]

Mordicus

Sorceror
Sorry to revive such an old thread but Iève been trying to get my shard online for the past day without success. And I am getting the exact same error peoples are getting here.
Client: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Connected. [2 Online] Login: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Valid credentials for 'Testing' Client: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Disconnected. [1 online]
Basically player can login but at the shard selection screen it crash. I have a router wich is forwarding to the proper PC. I am also using win7 and I believe this might be the problem. Anyone got a solution for me?

Mordicus

Sorceror
I am using Runuo SVN rev 667. The player who are trying to connect have many different version although the most common and up to date seems to be 7.0.10.3

Also note that I have 3 other computers on the same network and that all of them can connect just fine. The problem is only for the player who are trying to connect through the internet.

Sorry to revive such an old thread but Iève been trying to get my shard online for the past day without success. And I am getting the exact same error peoples are getting here.
Client: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Connected. [2 Online] Login: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Valid credentials for 'Testing' Client: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Disconnected. [1 online]
Basically player can login but at the shard selection screen it crash. I have a router wich is forwarding to the proper PC. I am also using win7 and I believe this might be the problem. Anyone got a solution for me?

same problem on here :(