RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

console in taskbar

batarex

Sorceror
console in taskbar

Just an Idea here. I have a bad habit that when I am adding things to the server I have a couple windows open or the other admin will, and we accidently close the shard window. Might it be set up to automatically go to the task bar instead of the tool bar, hence keeping pll from closing the server console?

Just an idea/ suggestion

Phantom

Knight
batarex said:
Just an Idea here. I have a bad habit that when I am adding things to the server I have a couple windows open or the other admin will, and we accidently close the shard window. Might it be set up to automatically go to the task bar instead of the tool bar, hence keeping pll from closing the server console?

Just an idea/ suggestion

Its already possible to do this with a third party program.

Phantom

Knight
TMSTKSBK said:
Out of curiousity...which program, Phantom?

There is more then one program that does this.

A google search would turn up a good number of those choices.

As I don't run a shard, nor would I use a program to do this ( could just write the code myself ), I couldn't provide an example if I wanted to give an example.

Phantom

Knight
TMSTKSBK said:
ok. Thanks anyway! (I thought you used one and would just tell me the name...nm, tho)

Why would I use a program that somebody else made, when I can just make my own?

Wanderer
i second that...

WE want runuo to run in the sytem tray WITHOUT having to download another program!

i brought this up 2 years ago, and i think many people agree with me

we want runuo to run in the system tray (next to the clock)!

77 said:
i second that...

i want runuo to run in the sytem tray WITHOUT having to download another program!

i brought this up 2 years ago, and i think many people agree with me

we want runuo to run in the system tray (next to the clock)!

Set it up as a service or write a windows form and attach a NotifyIcon class to it.

Wanderer
hmmmm cant seem to find it...
(the link i found dont work)

how about a FAQ or a link?

all those programs that everyone suggests, when you hit minimize on the runuo console, it doesnt go back to where its supposed to.
it goes back down to the task bar and not the system tray.

how hard would it be, to release a version that has this option?

minimizetosystemtray = true;

:)

Wanderer
yo tim!?

or anyone know where i can find that?

this is the #1 reason why i stopped running my shard, after 4 years, you just get sick of looking at it...

TheOutkastDev do you have yours running and minimizing to, there?

Dreiks

Wanderer
L0rdDarkScythe;333084 said:
I'm not sure if this is allowed on here but this tool is what I use
Just hold Control Key when minimizing a window and it goes to System Tray
If posting the link is not allowed I'll remove.
</title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> <meta name="keywords" content="TrayIt, TrayIt!, minimize to tray, tray, minimize, minimize to system tray, windows, applications, system, trayit, tray, tray icon, notif
Download broken :\