RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Continually asking to create the owner account

Hey all. Returning to (or attempting to) UO from a several year break. Was originally a beta tester for UO when it first came out and later had a private server for a couple of years with a few dozen close friends and now considering such again.

I've downloaded various versions of the client and both RunUO 2.3 and 2.5 and on each attempt (regardless of version of client or runuo) I get asked to create the owner account repeatedly. After putting in the info it reboots the window and asks again. I can't see what is populating in the meantime but its not kicking an error but just stuck in a loop.

Can someone tell me what I need to setup or change here to get the initial account and continue on? Thanks.

Dian

Sorceror
That is odd, never heard of this,.
But thinking about it, it would seem as though your RunUO server is not able to create the Save's files that it starts to create, when you enter your account. Check that your RunUO folder is not read only, more importantly the Saves folder. I cant imagine how it would be read only, but that would certainly cause it to throw a fit.
More information on what you have setup would be helpful too.. windows version, etc.

Dian

Sorceror
the problem is, he is not even able to get to log on, the server crashes at the owner account creation. if I read the problem correctly,

That is odd, never heard of this,.
But thinking about it, it would seem as though your RunUO server is not able to create the Save's files that it starts to create, when you enter your account. Check that your RunUO folder is not read only, more importantly the Saves folder. I cant imagine how it would be read only, but that would certainly cause it to throw a fit.
More information on what you have setup would be helpful too.. windows version, etc.
This was exactly what the issue was. Thank you for the suggestion. It took awhile to figure out the permissions and why they were reverting to read only EVERY time but its now working. Windows 7 sucks, lol.