RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couldn't find a client version that can connect to my server

Jail

Wanderer
Hello guys,

I have downloaded and installed UO Classic Setup 7.0.15.1.

I'm using Run UO 2.2.

When I open up my RunUO.exe, it asks for the UO path. After I enter it, it works good.

My problem is I couldn't find a client to connect to my server. I have downloaded and tried to run bunch of client versions from http://mirror.sphere.torfo.org/clients/, yet I couldn't find one that connects to my server.

Early versions give mss32.dll missing error, whereas the newer versions (7.0.x) ones give igrping.dll error.

I know 2.2 is the older version, but I want to use it for some other reason. I don't know whether that matters or not but, I'm running on a Windows 8 64-bit machine.

Can someone help me resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
Staff member
You can edit Scripts/Misc/DataPath.cs and put your UO Path in there so RunUO will not ask for it during start up. Use AssistUO, Razor or a decrypted client to connect to your server.
There is a script here on forums to allow encrypted clients, you can use that if you do not wanna use an assistant or an already decrypted client.

Vorspire

Knight
Another point I'd like to mention (if it hasn't changed since I last checked), is if you download the pre-packaged RunUO 2.2 (zip/rar) - it does NOT come with UOP file support (client 7.0.9+) and that can lead to other unexpected behaviour.

m309

Squire
I used 7.0.15.1 on my 2.2 server prior to upgrading to 7.0.23.1 and 2.3, but I never once had an issue.

Vorspire

Knight
I used 7.0.15.1 on my 2.2 server prior to upgrading to 7.0.23.1 and 2.3, but I never once had an issue.

Was your 2.2 server a checkout from the SVN, or a release archive (zip/rar)?
Because the UOP support wasn't included in the archive version but it was added to the SVN.

Vorspire

Knight
I don't have a copy of that package to check it, would be nice to get verification from someone, but it would mean that the advice I've given to some people would be invalid if what you say is true, but I've given that advice and it's fixed the issues in the past, though it is possible that those people used earlier versions of the 2.2 pre-package, but I wasn't aware the archive was every updated.