RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Courageous' Random Encounter Engine

Courageous

Wanderer
Alternately, I could figure a way that a failure to load doesn't prevent the auto reloader from working.

I'd thought I'd fixed this once, but maybe something got rolled out.

Anyway, I could also do the command, that's easy.

C//

S

Savaal

Courageous, this sounds liek a verry great system, but i'm with that one user I would LOVE to use this but if you could get it to not work on young players it would be awsome, no rush intended. :rolleyes:

Courageous

Wanderer
There's just a one liner you have to comment in, already in the code, an easy change. Maybe in a future release I'll put a top level configuration option onto the main engine, but it will still require typing. :) Keep in mind that in a normal UO, creatures don't attack young players by default. Some of this system's other users use random "encounters" to produce decorations. Making it not do young players at all could conflict with what they want to do with it, so I can't simply make in not work with young players.

Thanks for the kind words.

C//

S

Savaal

so making young players not experience enoucnters is a simple? just nullify a line?

Courageous

Wanderer
On line 1443 of RandomEncounters.cs, there is a line that looks like this:

//if (pm!=null && pm.Young) continue; // young don't qualify

Remove the first two slashes.

That's it. I'll look into the configuration option for the xml file. That way you don't have to make the change with every new release. It will probably be a bit. I'm doing a demo in Washington next week...

C//

Lord_Shaka

Wanderer
Hi man,

I really like your script...

But I cant make it work...

Lets say,

can you give me a example ?

I want to add a RAMDOM encounter of a Hiryu....

How would it be?

Thanks

Courageous

Wanderer
It comes with an example file. Although, looking in my Scripts/Mobiles directory, I don't see any file for a Hiryu. That's going to be a problem, if you have the same situation.

C//

Lord_Shaka

Wanderer
Courageous said:
It comes with an example file. Although, looking in my Scripts/Mobiles directory, I don't see any file for a Hiryu. That's going to be a problem, if you have the same situation.

C//

Oh.. yeap.... true....

It is a SE mount ... It comes with NERUN´s Distro...

I wanted to see a example to know if is easy to set,, :)

To make sure that I can install the system,,,

Well,

I´ll give a Try and tell you the results...

Courageous

Wanderer
Just look in the RandomEncounters.xml file. Read through this whole thread carefully, including the comments at the top of the file. You need to change the configuration for a real shard, although the file is good to start for testing purposes, as you probably will not want to wait for ever to see the system work (by default, the encounter speed is very fast). It should be obvious from the file and the instructions what to do. There are clear examples already.

C//

Lord_Shaka

Wanderer
Courageous said:
Just look in the RandomEncounters.xml file. Read through this whole thread carefully, including the comments at the top of the file. You need to change the configuration for a real shard, although the file is good to start for testing purposes, as you probably will not want to wait for ever to see the system work (by default, the encounter speed is very fast). It should be obvious from the file and the instructions what to do. There are clear examples already.

C//

Ok,

Thank you !

keep sharing !

I´ll try it

S

Savaal

So if I wanted too I could just leaves settings on default for this system and it woruld work nicley?

Greystar

Wanderer
Savaal said:
So if I wanted too I could just leaves settings on default for this system and it woruld work nicley?

only if Courageous changed the text xml file cause otherwise spawns were INCREDIBLY fast...

Courageous

Wanderer
Greystar is correct. But the .xml file explains this, right at the top now. This is because I grew tired of explaining it... hint, hint. Please do read the docs and examples. Start with the examples, and go backwards... read the docs while reading the examples. Then try every feature in the docs, in your example. Make sure you understand all options. Once you do, THEN configure random encounters for your shard.

There is no usable (base) configuration file, only examples. One of our users was talking about building one once, but never quite got around to it. If someone did want to build a very basic (no encounters that are "too powerful") base encounters file, I'd happily include it in the distribution.

C//

S

Savaal

I might just do that but before I do any moding to this script I must finish scripting my shard and get open it to "Alpha Testing" before this weekends over then I will see about modding a basic one fore you :D

By any chance, does this random encounter system have any effects when monsters apear? :) would be coolo to have monsters apear with the standard GM unhide animation and it said somthing like *You have encountered a (Monsters name)* or somthing

Courageous

Wanderer
In the debug mode, it displays a sort of whirlwind for the mobiles when they appear. I believe when it's not in debug mode, it doesn't do that. However, it would be a one-line code change to set up. Also pretty easy to change the animation, if you know which one you want to play.

C//

S

Savaal

Ok, thanks.

Could you tell me what code exactly that would be?

I'm not to familiar with these scripts.

Courageous

Wanderer
In SpawnFinder.cs, everywhere just before it returns "true". A while back it was discussed making this a configuration option. I can see how this might be useful, and will put it into the next release. This will be a while.

C//