RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPU vampire?

quicken02

Wanderer
CPU vampire?

Hi,

I'm having problems with Krrios because it absolute demolishes my computer while I'm playing on it. It leeches a lot of CPU, until it becomes to freeze itself and lag like crazy... and then the only choice I have is to ctrl+alt+delete and end task :/

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you.

Slopko

Wanderer
you can fix it by removing character animations from your client. it's called a memory leak, and it isn't going to be fixed anytime soon.

quicken02

Wanderer
Slopko said:
you can fix it by removing character animations from your client. it's called a memory leak, and it isn't going to be fixed anytime soon.

How would I go about removing the char animations? Will it affect gameplay at all?

thnx.

Slopko

Wanderer
You can edit the client or direct x files, i don't remember where or what files exactly. The memory/cpu leak is tied directly to character animations. If you could figure out how to remove the character's run animation, so they don't move their legs/ect and just glide. You'd fix the leak, or at least reduce it greatly, and everyone would love your nuts if you figured out how.

I Cheat

Wanderer
Slopko said:
You can edit the client or direct x files, i don't remember where or what files exactly. The memory/cpu leak is tied directly to character animations. If you could figure out how to remove the character's run animation, so they don't move their legs/ect and just glide. You'd fix the leak, or at least reduce it greatly, and everyone would love your nuts if you figured out how.
The fix look mad funny and anyone who did release it would probably be banned... I'd rather not be banned kthx.

Slopko

Wanderer
I Cheat said:
The fix look mad funny and anyone who did release it would probably be banned... I'd rather not be banned kthx.
Sure it looks funny at first, but it greatly reduces cpu/ram lag and it still looks better then the regular uo client.

and people would get banned from where, and for what reason? for fixing a memory leak?...you know people use kuoc for other shards right?

I Cheat

Wanderer
They'd be banned from anything RunUO related. RunUO is a great source of info even if I don't run a shard to code for it.

Slopko

Wanderer
I Cheat said:
They'd be banned from anything RunUO related. RunUO is a great source of info even if I don't run a shard to code for it.
uh no? hybrid and demise are the only shards that dont allow kuoc

Slopko

Wanderer
how is fixing kuoc's memory leak posting a hack? i'm confused. and whoever repped me and said i'm an idiot, care to explain yourself?

I Cheat

Wanderer
To fix the animation leak you need to edit the IL code of PlayUO and either post a patch or the edited client itself. I know people have been banned for posting small parts of the PlayUO source code before and I think they would do the same to someone posting a edited version of PlayUO, I'm not sure how they would fell about a patch though.