RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom AccessLevels

mdavis93

Sorceror
Custom AccessLevels

Something I would like to see in the future is the possibility of customizing the AccessLevel to add or remove levels without modifying the core.

Short, sweet, and to the point.

Thanks for reading :)

Kamron

Knight
That can be done... but that would require a modification to the core itself, and would be fairly slower. Not to mention that with shards that already have serialized accesslevels (an active world), it would offset them without a proper conversion.

Its alot more work than you would think... and since its opensourced, its alot easier for you to just add/edit them yourself, and recompile the core.

Go figure ;)

Phantom

Knight
mdavis93 said:
Something I would like to see in the future is the possibility of customizing the AccessLevel to add or remove levels without modifying the core.

Short, sweet, and to the point.

Thanks for reading :)

If you want new access levels, you will need to edit the core.

If your not willing to edit the core, you cannot do this.

mdavis93

Sorceror
Phantom: I am more than willing to edit the core.. to the point I feel comfotable with that is :) Let me be mindful of how I word this as not to offend you or sound "pig headed".

OKay, I have made the modifications to the core, and attempted to compile it see my post here: http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49935

I'll be the first to admit that I am still learning C# and am very cautious as to what I modify. I know you say "if you don't know, you shouldn't do until you know." and that's exactly what I'm doing.. trying to get to know. I have read several books now (on my 6th one now) but I am a more "hands on" learner. I get little from books.

Khaz

Knight
Ill make a first attempt at a mini-FAQ using #Develop and the access levels as soon as I can. It's definitely something a lot of people want, so I'll try to put my other things aside for a bit to develop a walkthrough.