RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

custom craftables package

daat99

Staff member
custom craftables package

Hi all,

Edit 02/01/2005:
Fixed a bug that caused crash in the tool house, ThanX XxSP1DERxX for helping me fix this :)

Edit 25/12/2004:
Fixed 2 bugs:
1. With keyring I had a type there that needed silver to be on the server.
2. The tool and runic house was accepting more then the limit, not anymore :)

Edit 23/12/2004:
Sorry for missing the scripts, I accidently tried to attach a rar file and didn't noticed the error message, here's the zip file.
Thanx Haazen for letting me know.

BTW I'll be releasing a custom wood and ore system for the distro shards that want to add it and have hard time doing so (like I did). I'll add inside it a custom craftable package that can hold all the resources (I know how hard it is to "fix" this resource things to hold customs *sigh*).

Original:
I'm not very advance in scripting but I made this package partialy from files I got here and I moded a bit and partialy rewriting from scratch.
here goes the details:

Description:
All items are used from backpack, carryable and NOT blessed (you can make them blessed if you want but players can insure them, if you want them blessed just look for //loottype.blessed and remove the //.

Mobile Forge: Just mobile forge players can carry around.

Tool House: A container to contain charges of tool acording to category and extract 1 tool with the amount of charges.
for example you can get normal axe, double axe, hatchet and add them all to the tool under lumberjacking category, when you extract it you'll get hatchet with the sum amount of charges of the lumberjacking category.
I rewrote the toolhouse from scratch once I encountered too many problems with the version I based it on it kept crashing and wasn't able to create some tools with more then a set amount of charges.
P.S.
Special thanx for sep102 from the forum script support section, he's the main reason this script came to light, without his help I would've abandoned it ;) .

Runic House: same as the tool house but for runics.

Bank Hive: just double click it to open your bank box.

Resource Keys: The resource keys open a magical door to a warehouse that can store resources.
This part of the script based mostly on the resource book that Ashlar and Morrigan wrote so most of the credit should go to this couple.
I rewrote some of the resource keys to add resources and rearange gumps mostly.

KeyRing: just rare item needed to craft the items, this item best handed to players as event rewards or sold for tokens (or something similar) to keep the items in this package in high value and not some cheap item to use once and throw away.

All the following items with the exception of the keyring can be crafted in the tinkering menu.
They all need high crafting skills (the skills differ between items).
Let's just say that if you have 120 in all the skills needed you have 40% chance to craft any of them.

Keep in mind this package was modified originaly to fit a shard with magical ores and wood so the gumps is a little bigger.
Those parts with magical items was /* out for the distro pack. just go over the script there should be 7 sections in each part.

Changelog:
16/12/2004 Added Runic House, same as toolhouse but for runics.
16/12/2004 Totaly rewrote ToolHouse from scratch, added all tools known to me (contact me if you find missing).
13/12/2004 Added Bank Hive.
13/12/2004 Removed resource house and replaced it with resource keys (runuo wasn't handling such a large script right)
07/12/2004 Rewrited Resource House to fix a bug that didn't gave back the surplus from resources.
07/12/2004 Rewrited Resource House to make it able to take out items with less then 100.
26/08/2004: Added resource house.
26/08/2004: Added portable forge.
26/08/2004: Made the script custom craftables (I'm planning on adding more items).
26/08/2004: added option to make it craftable by tinkering.
22/08/2004: I remade the toolbox script to be tool house which is blessed and can be carried around with you.

Pakcage include 12 files:
Bank Hive.cs (double click to open bank box)
Costum Craftables.txt (this file)
DefTinkering.cs.mod (this is official deftinkering.cs that was modified to include this script, just renamed to deftinkering.cs and overwrite distro file)
Key Ring.cs (used as a resource to craft the keys)
Metal Workers Key.cs (store ingots)
MobileForge.cs (forge you can carry around)
RuncHouse.cs (store runic hammers\fletchers\sewingkits and give back 1 runic with combined charges)
Spell Casters Key.cs (store reagents and others)
Stone Workers Key.cs (store granites)
Tailors Key.cs (store leather etc)
ToolHouse.cs (store tools and give back 1 tool with combined charges)
WoodWorkersKey.cs (store boards and logs)

Installation:
1. Just place the files anywhere in **\runuo\scripts\**\.
2.a. To make it craftable either add this lines to DefTinkering.cs
2.b. If you never touched deftinkering.cs just overwrite it with deftinkering.cs.mod from this pack.
Code:
			//Customs
//bank hive
			index = AddCraft( typeof( BankHive ), "Customs", "Bank hive", 100.0, 150.0, typeof( KeyRing ), "You need more Key Rings", 2, "KeyRing" );
			AddSkill( index, SkillName.Carpentry, 100.0, 150.0 );
			AddSkill( index, SkillName.Blacksmith, 100.0, 150.0 );
			AddSkill( index, SkillName.Tailoring, 100.0, 150.0 );
			//AddRes( index, typeof( Tokens ), "You need more Tokens", 60000, "Tokens" );  // this marked out in case you don't have tokens, feel free to remove the // from //AddRes to use 60k tokens as a resource as well
			AddRes( index, typeof( Gold ), "You need more Gold", 6000, "Gold" );
//tool house			
			index = AddCraft( typeof( ToolHouse ), "Customs", "Tool House", 100.0, 150.0, typeof( KeyRing ), "You need more Key Rings", 2, "KeyRing" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( IronIngot ), "You need more Ingots", 100, "Ingots" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( SpinedLeather ), "You need more Spined Leather", 100, "Spined Leather" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( Board ), "You need more Boards", 20, "Boards" );
//runic house
			index = AddCraft( typeof( RunicHouse ), "Customs", "Runic House", 100.0, 150.0, typeof( KeyRing ), "You need more Key Rings", 2, "KeyRing" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( SpinedLeather ), "You need more Spined Leather", 100, "Spined Leather" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( Board ), "You need more Boards", 20, "Boards" );
//mobile forge
			index = AddCraft( typeof( MobileForge ), "Customs", "Mobile Forge", 100.0, 150.0, typeof( KeyRing ), "You need more Key Rings", 2, "KeyRing" );
			AddSkill( index, SkillName.Mining, 100.0, 150.0 );
			AddRes( index, typeof( IronIngot ), "You need more Ingots", 150, "Ingots" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( Granite ), "You need more Granite", 20, "Granite" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( Board ), "You need more Boards", 50, "Boards" );
//spell casters key
			index = AddCraft( typeof( SpellCastersKey ), "Customs", "Spell Casters Key", 100.0, 150.0, typeof( KeyRing ), "You need more Key Rings", 2, "KeyRing" );
			AddSkill( index, SkillName.Magery, 100.0, 150.0 );
			AddSkill( index, SkillName.Necromancy, 100.0, 150.0 );
			//AddRes( index, typeof( SpringWater ), "You need more Spring Water", 10, "Spring Water" ); // this line use druidic reagent, if you have it then remove the // from //AddRes
			AddRes( index, typeof( BlankScroll ), "You need more Blank Scrolls", 50, "Blank Scrolls" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( Sand ), "You need more Sand", 15, "Sand" );
//tailors key
			index = AddCraft( typeof( TailorsKey ), "Customs", "Tailors Key", 100.0, 150.0, typeof( KeyRing ), "You need more Key Rings", 2, "KeyRing" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( Cloth ), "You need more Cloth", 125, "Cloth" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( BarbedLeather ), "You need more Barbed Leather", 150, "Barbed Leather" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( OilCloth ), "You need more Oil Cloth", 20, "Oil Cloth" );
// wood workers key			
			index = AddCraft( typeof( WoodWorkersKey ), "Customs", "Wood Workers Key", 100.0, 150.0, typeof( KeyRing ), "You need more Key Rings", 2, "KeyRing" );
			AddSkill( index, SkillName.Lumberjacking, 100.0, 150.0 );
			AddRes( index, typeof( Board ), "You need more Boards", 250, "Boards" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( Shaft ), "You need more Shafts", 150, "Shafts" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( FertileDirt ), "You need more Fertile Dirt", 50, "Fertile Dirt" );
//metal workers key			
			index = AddCraft( typeof( MetalWorkersKey ), "Customs", "Metal Workers Key", 100.0, 150.0, typeof( KeyRing ), "You need more Key Rings", 2, "KeyRing" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( IronIngot ), "You need more Ingots", 250, "Ingots" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( Kindling ), "You need more Kindling", 20, "Kindling" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( ValoriteIngot ), "You need more Valorite Ingots", 30, "Valorite Ingots" );
/stone workers key			
			index = AddCraft( typeof( StoneWorkersKey ), "Customs", "Stone Workers Key", 100.0, 150.0, typeof( KeyRing ), "You need more Key Rings", 2, "KeyRing" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( Granite ), "You need more Granite", 25, "Granite" );
			AddRes( index, typeof( Board ), "You need more Boards", 50, "Boards" );

custom Craftable.txt file is included in this package, this is the readme file.
most of the stuff you read in this post is located in the readme so if you lost the post you still have the install instructions there.

Have fun :)

Where's the DL??

Shandril said:
maybe I'm to tired to see it but ummmm what package? I don't see anything to download.....

No your not to tired Shandril. It's just not there. LOL

daat99 You may want to edit your post and add the download.

haazen

Sorceror
Daat99, you have been busy. All these scripts sound very interesting. I would really like to see them and give them a try. Please post the scripts you have spent so much effort describing. If you are unsure how to post, here is a little help. Edit your original post, click Manage Attachments, browse for your files, click upload and that should do it.

daat99

Staff member
Thanx to Haazen for pm me about this, I tried to add a rar file and didn't noticed the error message when it didn't apply.
I was quite sure the post have the package (it was too long so I didn't noticed it).
I updated it now.

for all those shards that don't have custom woods\ores and considering installing this package consider this:

I'm about to release in the next couple of days a complete distro modified files that contain a custom ores and wood based on the faq and posts I read in the forum, I had real hard time to combine them all togather and that's why I'm going to release it as a package.

As an added bonus there'll be a custom craftable contained inside it that can hold all the scripts and runics (hammers, fletchers, sewing)

I just need to fix some problems and I'll be done so you might want to wait for the custom ores package instead of using this craftable solo.

Have Fun

daat99

Staff member
Thanx haazen :)
Acording to some pm's and icq's I got I feel the need to explain the toolhouse again.

The tool house is set to hold tools acording to category and not acording to the tool itself.
For example carpentry category hold saws and hammers (and some more carpentry tools) but it only extract hammers with the combine charges of the category itself
If you put in 3 saws (total 150 charges) and 2 hammers (another 100 charges) you'll get carpentry category with 250 charges, when you extract the tool you'll get 1 hammer with 250 charges.
same goes for shovels\pickaxes, 3 shovels and 2 pickaxe will get you 1 shovel of 250 uses.
You can hold all the tool types I know of in the tool house and you'll get 1 tool in that category regardless which tool you put in.

Please let me know if you find out about any tool (or new category) that I missed and you can't combine it.

Enjoy

daat99

Staff member
There's a tiny bug with the tool\runic house that let you add more then the limit.
I'm working on fixing it as I post this, will be released shortly.

daat99

Staff member
The link is updated and while I fixed the toolhouse and runichouse bugs I found another 1 which I fixed as well.
If you have older script don't worry to reinstall it, you won't need to delete your items.
Just replace the old once with the new zip file.
The latest file size is: 38.2k
Have Fun :)

Eleasar

Wanderer
Just a stupid question (maybe i am blind) - can't find the download link for the script.

Is it still available?

thx