RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Custom Gumps] otimpyres custom desktop

otimpyre

Sorceror
Preview.png

For years I have been asked to do this. And for years I have wanted to do this. This is a very small sample of the desktop I have made. It is 100% all gumps customized to have a matching theme. From the splash screen to the smallest button. Full color spell gems and buff icons. There is simply to many gumps to display them all here. Gotta work out file size issue. Find a host or create a patcher or something bear with me.

otimpyre

Sorceror
DOWNLOAD HERE
This is the files for manually installing using UO Fiddler. I am unable to release the .mul files so I have to give you the raw images. Keep in mind as your installing wanting to give up. I had to actually create each image, install each one, then extract each one and make these files for you to use. So I had it worse :) You will see a gump that has a double with put your character here. It has a pink center. I added this if you want to change the image add text whatever. When you minimize the paperdoll it creates an icon of my characters face. You can screenshot your character and paste in the pink area. Or you can add text instead such as word paperdoll. But, may I just suggest you just admire my pretty face and leave it as is. lol

Attachments

• OCD Manual Install.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • OCD Manual Install.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

otimpyre

Sorceror
preview 2.png
Another teaser until I get this figured out. Options menu, guild menu, party, virtues, Minimized icons for skills, profile, paperdoll. You can take a screenshot of your character and replace mine with yours in the box. Tons more trade windows, dye tubs...Everything =)

otimpyre

Sorceror
Splash.png Pretty Basic splash screen
Character Creation.png Character Creation
Choose Local.png Start map removed snow even lol.
Corpses.png CorpsesBuy Sell.png Vendor Buy/Sell
Trade Window.png Trade Window
Dyetub.png Dyetub Like I said EVERY GUMP ;)

otimpyre

Sorceror
Downside to my complete conversion. Is if you run a freeshard with tons of custom scripts and gumps. Sometimes they might turn out looking like a patchwork quilt. This was made for an OSI replica server. Custom gumps tend to use misc gump pieces to achieve the scripters desired effect. Such as the script for stargate ect.... However you could go back and redo custom gumps with my new ones. Might be a lot of work for a highly developed custom shard. But, I've tested this on OSI replica server. Only gump I have seen oddly effected is like page two of solen quest. Because I opted to remove the dragons hanging on the edge of gumps and some other of the pieces as my gumps are meant to be minimalistic. However the very few gumps affected are usuable just not visually perfect. And modding 100% gumps down to just a few oddities is a monumental task so cut me a little slack :) I believe, I am probably the first one to ever tackle a 100% custom desktop. Or at least the first to ever offer it to the public for free.

otimpyre

Sorceror
Finally got around to installing this. OMG I love it. TY!
Thank you. Your love of it made it worth while. I believe I am the first custom artist to completely overhaul the entire gump UI display. I am only sad I haven't got around to making an automatic patch for this its just so much work. And I have so many projects going atm. Someday though!