RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Map

Alex21

Sorceror
Custom Map

ok i realize now there are alot of things that need to be turned off when you have a custom map, better now then never

Orc camp spawns
Treasure map drops
Message in a Bottle drops

can some one please tell me what scripts to turn them off in and how, and any other things that should be turned off or modified

also it seem that normal player are unable to place houses anywhere on the map (there is very little level ground) but there are many places just big enough for small houses and such, but even on these small flat places we cannot place houses, is there a reason?, can i change something to make it easier to place houses?

there seems to be random static and npc and healer spawns everywhere, when i started the server i did a complete wipe, saved the world, and began to build the new map up, why are there these random spawns everywhere?

also there is this:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/server-support/84639-odd-custom-map-problem.html

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Not sure about the camp spawns or other spawns, but spawns are actually items that you add (or are added). To get rid of those, you'd need to remove all the spawns from your custom map. There are answers for this on the forum...

That isn't a jerk answer. I just don't know how to do it off the top of my head.

The two things I do know, however, are the treasure map and SOSs.

For SOSs, no need to worry. I've tested them extensively on my custom map. When an SOS is made, it looks for a water tile in the static/map mul files. If it's there, it will place it. If not, it will choose again. No worries there.

The treasure map locations are defined by treasure.cfg in your RunUO/Data folder. They are x/y coordinates. You may want to look at my Advanced Cartography 2.0 scripts for help on that.

http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-...-rc1-vhaeruns-advanced-cartography-2-0-a.html

treasure maps, messages in a bottle, etc - are covered in a few different scripts, but basicaly remove them from the loot to be dropped, and the few monsters that have them basicaly on them (like sea serpents) and they are gone OR
can modify the files wherre they get their info from you use your map - treasuremaps.xml in the data directory is 1 of them

other things you need to do is to modify regions.xml file to mtach your towns, etc

there is a lot to do whren making a new map work - moongates, guarded regions, etc etc - lots of luck (ilsh/mals/tokuno are much easier to replace than fel/tram is)

as for house placing - you need to smooth out your map more then - if it is that rough of terrain -- unlesss it is replacing ilsh, then that is in the house placement as a no house facet, and need to modify there

only other choices would be:
1) allow people to place anywhere like a gm can - not suggested but is an option
or
2) have them page to have a house placed by a gm, this way can be regulated for right spots

edited - beat out whiule typing ;)

Alex21

Sorceror
Yes the Map does replace Ilshenar, i have replaced all the regions in regions.xml with my own towns & inn's and non housing zones etc,

why are there still random spawner's and static turning up underground and in walls and stuff

why can't houses be placed on Ilshenar, is this changeable?

so if i search i will find our how to turn orc camp spawns off?

and can i get a list of monsters that drop treasure maps?

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Ah, you're using Ilshenar... that changes a few things.

Random Spawners - have you run a [global item delete spawner? You should do that almost first if you are doing a custom map.

Housing Problem - As LG said, check HousePlacement.cs. I think there is code in there that makes houses unable to be placed on the Ilshenar map. Should be an easy fix.

Orc Spawns - Do orc camps spawn on Ilshenar? I didn't think they did...

Treasure Maps - I believe every monster can drop a level 1 map. There is code to override the level of the map... looks something like this:

Code:
public int override TreasureMapLevel{ get{ return X } };

Should be after the loot section in the monster scripts. If it's something other than 1, the monster spawns (X) level treasure maps.

since the map is ilsh - as he said for most things

except - there is no sos's or treasure maps on ilsh - those found there go to trammel

also do not use global delete where spawner - this will delete them on all maps
use map delete where spawner (or is it facet delete?)
or
global delete spawner where map = ilshiner (or how ever it is spelled)

the moongates will be your only other problem, since you all ready did the regions.xml file

and if orc camps are still there - only way to remove is this way:

[global interface where orccamp map = ilshiner
that will bring up a list of them on ilsh - can then click on the little arrow by each and then delete them

Vhaerun

Sorceror
For the SOS, you might want to take a look at MessageInABottle.cs:

Code:
using System;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Items;

namespace Server.Items
{
	public class MessageInABottle : Item
	{
		public static int GetRandomLevel()
		{
			if ( Core.AOS && 1 > Utility.Random( 25 ) )
				return 4; // ancient

return Utility.RandomMinMax( 1, 3 );
		}

public override int LabelNumber{ get{ return 1041080; } } // a message in a bottle

private Map m_TargetMap;
		private int m_Level;

[CommandProperty( AccessLevel.GameMaster )]
		public Map TargetMap
		{
			get{ return m_TargetMap; }
			set{ m_TargetMap = value; }
		}

[CommandProperty( AccessLevel.GameMaster )]
		public int Level
		{
			get{ return m_Level; }
			set{ m_Level = Math.Max( 1, Math.Min( value, 4 ) ); }
		}

[Constructable]
		public MessageInABottle() : this( Map.Trammel )
		{
		}

public MessageInABottle( Map map ) : this( map, GetRandomLevel() )
		{
		}

[Constructable]
		public MessageInABottle( Map map, int level ) : base( 0x099F )
		{
			Weight = 1.0;
			m_TargetMap = map;
			m_Level = level;
		}

public MessageInABottle( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
		{
		}

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
		{
			base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 2 ); // version

writer.Write( (int) m_Level );

writer.Write( m_TargetMap );
		}

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
		{
			base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();

switch ( version )
			{
				case 2:
				{
					m_Level = reader.ReadInt();
					goto case 1;
				}
				case 1:
				{
					m_TargetMap = reader.ReadMap();
					break;
				}
				case 0:
				{
					m_TargetMap = Map.Trammel;
					break;
				}
			}

if ( version < 2 )
				m_Level = GetRandomLevel();
		}

public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
		{
			if ( IsChildOf( from.Backpack ) )
			{
				Consume();
				from.AddToBackpack( new SOS( m_TargetMap, m_Level ) );
				from.LocalOverheadMessage( Network.MessageType.Regular, 0x3B2, 501891 ); // You extract the message from the bottle.
			}
			else
			{
				from.SendLocalizedMessage( 1042001 ); // That must be in your pack for you to use it.
			}
		}
	}
}

After checking the fishing scripts, this is where it sets the map when you get a MIB/SOS. You could try to change every instance of 'Trammel' to 'Ilshenar'. That might work, it might not, but it is where I would start.

The map problem has to do with what are called the "diff" files, I believe. You'd need to rename the diff files into backup files, and I think you have to patch those to players (though I might be wrong on the patching...)

i was suprised to find a diff file for ilsh since it does not have a "sister" map

but if mapdif2 is a different size than 51.2 kb - then the chances that is the problem

at least that is the size it was for patch 5.0.6e and 5.0.91

what is the coords ( [where numbers ) for that spot

that way we can make sure it is not on our maps also

Vhaerun

Sorceror
He asked for the coordinates for where that picture was taken. Go to it in your UO shard and type "[where" and then target yourself. It will return a set of coordinates (x, y, z).

He wants to check the diff files for his own shard, probably to see if that is the problem.

ok - is it the snow, or the castle that you do not want there?

because i see the castle - that is blackthorn's ilsh castle
i do not see the snow

but the castle is way below the "5" z of your coords - so i am not sure which it should be

what i would do (this is a test to see if it fixes it for you)
is to rename the file mapdif2.mul to mapdif2.bak
then make an empty text file and name it mapdif2.mul
then place that in both the servers directory (from the serverlist file)(if it is even in there)
and in your own uo directory (or patch it to yourself)
then restart server and uo and see if it is still there

if it is gone - that was the problem, that it is in the dif file
if it is still there, then we need to keep on looking on where it could be at ;)

HellRazor

Knight
Alex,

What version of the client are you using?

I only ask because OSI changed the way the client reads the Z plane (altitude) for Ilshenar in the newer clients, which can cause strange effects with custom maps. Basically the new versions of the client will add +30 altitude to your map. So essentially when you design your custom Ilsh map for the newer clients, you have to paint it at -30 altitude from where you really want it to be (if your ground is supposed to be at zplane 0 you would use colors for zplane -30). Yes, it's confusing. :) They probably did this due to some KR compatibility issue with map zplanes. Pallandro over at ryandor.com can probably elaborate further on this issue as he is the one who found it.

Try Greywolf's suggestion first, that is the most likely thing causing the problem. If that doesn't fix it, post your client version.

Alex21

Sorceror
Lord Grey Wolf: in my patch for my custom map i only have 3 files Map2.mul, staidx2.mul, statics2.mul & i can't find the mapdef2.mul file i am still looking though

Hellrazor:
i am using client version 5.8.1, and if i patch to 6.0.0 it has the effect described in the following post
http://www.runuo.com/forums/server-support/84639-odd-custom-map-problem.html
that show 2 client logged in one with no patching one with 6.0.0 so that is why i went some where in the middle 5.8.2

but when i am patched to 6.0.0 i may not see the castle and see the snow as it appears, but when i walk onto the snow tiles above(5) the castle wich is below(-79 - -80) those tiles i fall through the ground to -80 z & cannot walk

the file i said would not be in your patches (unless you made that file using like mul patcher, etc), but in your servers directory and or client directory
and if using patch 5.0.91 or lower it should be in there
6.0+ i am not sure on since they changed the maps around (like hell razor said)

but from what i have been reading - maps designed for pre 6.0 are going to have to be different for those running post 6.0 versions (statics, z levels, etc - many many things have changed)

Alex21

Sorceror
o ok i changed it in my client directory and this is what i was then looking at

thank you for help working through this:)

wow - that is a weird pic there

did you replace it with a "empty" file then?

also what osi patch are you running at for that pic?

i suggest 5.0.91 or less - but choice is yours

also what osi patch is the server using?
should both match - specialy when doing testing and figuring out problems

Alex21

Sorceror
yes i replaced it with a text file i called mapdif2.mul

i am running patch 5.8.1

server was running patch 5.9.0
now running 6.0.0 same problem