RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Wearables and Sitting

Strade22

Wanderer
Custom Wearables and Sitting

I'm using RunUO 1.0 and have added the cutom items, they show correctly as times, gup art, and animations, untill the player sits down then they vanish. I've gone through about every thing that I have seen mentioned about custom artwork here and still cannot find a fix. If anyone out there might have an idea as to what causes/how to fix this please respond. Thanks

HellRazor

Knight
There is no animation for sitting, the client does a trick to "stretch" the character into a sitting position.

The items that can be "chairs" are hardcoded in the client, so that may be the problem. Tiledata has nothing to do with it.

If its the clothing thats vanishing, this may be a client bug. I know there was a problem with this recently (even with some of their own clothing) and I don't know if OSI ever fixed it.

Strade22

Wanderer
Anyone know what would cause a client crash when sitting wearing customs?

It seems to only do it when sitting facing south or east.

I currently have customs displaying correctly while sitting facing west or north. But I get a client crash trying to sit facing east or south.

jhs59

Sorceror
Hmm.. North and west are the same graphic just flipped.. as well as South and East being the same just flipped. Is it possible that there are two places that you have to change settings. Perhaps in bodyconv.def?

Joeku

Lord
Yeah... the client has 5 directions, and reflects 3 of them to make 8.

jhs59

Sorceror
Joeku said:
Yeah... the client has 5 directions, and reflects 3 of them to make 8.

So there is a possibility that, for sitting, which is only a four direction image facing north, south, east, or west, that there are at least 2 different settings that need to be tweaked for it to work?

Meaning one image for south and east and another image for north and west. Strade seems to have the north and west sitting working fine with the clothes not disappearing. Has anyone ever got that far with this?

Strade22

Wanderer
I'm prolly just overlooking something simple. Hoping that someone can maybe give suggestions as to whats causing the crashes.

And as far as I can tell, bodyconv.def points to anims that aren't contained in the original anim.mul. It directs the client to use ones in anim2.mul-anim5.mul.

And since everything is equipping and showing properly walking, I believe I have tiledata and gump placements set correctly. I just need to figure out whats causng the client crashes.

Strade22

Wanderer
All fixed. Was a few faulty body.def entries. I now have all custom clothing appearing normally when sitting.

Is there anyway U could tell me how u fixed it and got all the custom clothes fixed to show when sitting Im having the same problem with the sitting and would love to know how to fix..Sorry bout spamming an old post but I have been searching with no answers would appreciate it thanks

HellRazor

Knight
Make sure your clothing has gumps that are in the range of 50,000-50,999 for the male versions, and 60,000-60,999 for the female versions. Any clothing gumps that fall outside this range are not supported for "sitting" by the client and will not appear.

HellRazor

Knight
To convert hex to decimal, load up your Windows calculator and go to "View" and change it to scientific mode.

Choose "Hex" and put in the value: CC10

Now choose "Dec". That tells you what number hex 0xCC10 is in decimal. In this case its 52240 which is well outside the range it needs to be in.

Your animation needs to be between 0-999, which will put your gump in range 50,000-50,999 (male) and 60,000-60,999 (female). If its within these ranges, the clothes should display properly when you sit.

Tatti

Sorceror
Hello there! I'm experiencing problems as well. I have a piece of clothing that disappears when I sit down. Its gumpid is 50694 (its a female hairstyle on male range, could that matter?) and animation is 902. My UO client is 5.0.1j. There are also other items that just.. turn into completely something else (samurai empire items, ostards etc) when I sit down.

Where's the problem?

zikfk

Wanderer
Hello there! I'm experiencing problems as well. I have a piece of clothing that disappears when I sit down. Its gumpid is 50694 (its a female hairstyle on male range, could that matter?) and animation is 902. My UO client is 5.0.1j. There are also other items that just.. turn into completely something else (samurai empire items, ostards etc) when I sit down.

Where's the problem?

In tiledata your haircut has anim number 902? Then you have to put your gump to 50902 for unisex or male and 60902 for female.
The rest is unknown to me, I also have this glitch with sitting for copied in body.def animations.