RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Project?

HellRazor

Knight
And nothing makes developers want to work on a project as much as some ingrate yelling "I WANT IT NOW", "WHERE'S THE UPDATE", etc.

Seriously, just chill. When they feel like updating it they will update it. If not, they won't. Life goes on and all that.

St George

Wanderer
Maybe some people show their appreciation this way, if you find them annoying just ignore them, i bet the developers do the same. Big mouths saying "you have no right to expect blah blah" are more annoying to me. Everyone has the right to ask someone how his favorite product evolves. Being polite of course.

So... what's up with PlayUO Krrios? :p

WarAngel

Wanderer
St George;641149 said:
Maybe some people show their appreciation this way, if you find them annoying just ignore them, i bet the developers do the same. Big mouths saying "you have no right to expect blah blah" are more annoying to me. Everyone has the right to ask someone how his favorite product evolves. Being polite of course.

Yes. They have a right to ask about it politely, not whine about it, which was the problem with the above user.

Malaperth

Wanderer
This is just a shot in the dark, but I'm a good shot. I'd figure that krrios is up to his sphincter in Life, the Universe, and RunUO.

HellRazor

Knight
St George;641149 said:

Some people are just damned rude about it though. I doubt any of the devs appreciates that very much.

St George

Wanderer
Malaperth;641157 said:
This is just a shot in the dark, but I'm a good shot. I'd figure that krrios is up to his sphincter in Life, the Universe, and RunUO.

So you're suggesting that other people than krrios are currently working on playuo?

jairon

Sorceror
Ryan;588143 said:
PlayUO is not dead.

Large portions of PlayUO are being rewritten.

Thanks.

What is the status of PlayUO :confused: It has been almost a year since my last post on this subject. I hope if progress is not being made, parts of the code base can be opened up for a Linux port and general updates. Puuuulease? =) I love this client. :D