RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deal or No Deal : RunUO 2.0 : Alpha Release

Tiamat13

Sorceror
Deal or No Deal : RunUO 2.0 : Alpha Release

Deal or No Deal​
Alpha 5.0
by : Tiamat13​

Intro:

This system was made after the popular game show Deal or No Deal, this will be the Alpha version of Deal or No Deal as I had already released a Beta version that lacked alot of elements needed for a production shard to use. The system has be 100% redone, it no longer uses any player edits, its 100% plug and Play, as well as personalized messages, collectable dolls, smooth game play and complete sound for the audio enabled. The system also has its own debug built in so if there are any problems I'll be able to solve them fast when a admin sends me a copy of there server window when debug is on and game is running. Also included in this version was careful planning for gold sinking and gold farming, which should prevent any player from abusing the system.

Included:

• Game System
  • Stage Addon
  • Howey
  • 26 Models
  • Proper Bank Offers
  • Anti Gold Farming System
  • 28 Collectable dolls
  • Mid Game Commercial (Motd)
  • Personalized to Player
  • Speech or Easy Button assist menu to control the game play
  • Admin menu with controls to change commercial and replay time
  • Built in Debug

Bugs/Fixes:

02/11/08
  • Fixed weight with temp deeds placed in backpacks.
  • Fixed issues with reply deed being added more then once.
  • Changed main gump to movable.
02/12/08
  • Fixed case #5 error/typo.
  • Fixed case number hue in the player quick button menu.
  • Fixed the EndGame method.
  • Added motd text editor to the Admin Menu.
  • Fixed Howey and Girls to be redirected south and frozen after restarts.
  • Added missed offers after deal is taken to system.
02/12/08
  • Fixed Commercial gump error to staff.
02/13/08
  • Fixed offer left after deal
  • Added control to admin menu to adjust replay time
  • Added checks so staff doesn't wait to replay
  • Cleaned up misc code
  • Updated Admin Menu
02/17/08
  • Fixed time left messages to show both hours and mins left when player checks Howey.
  • Added Debug Gump, refresh by double tapping stone in game while in debug to show present bool debug menu.
04/07/10
  • Fixed server crashes due to backpack missing.
  • Fixed the game to reset if player logs out.
04/08/10
  • Fixed error in mobile delete timer

Notes:

Released<Version 1.0> : Feb 10/08
Update<hot fix> : Feb 11/08
Update<Version 2.0> : Feb 12/08
Update<hot fix> : Feb 12/08
Update<Version 3.0> : Feb 13/08
Update<Version 4.0> : Feb 17/08
Update<Version 5.0> : Apr 7/10
Update<hot fix> : Apr 8/10

Instructions:

Set up
  1. Download and unpack DoND System.
  2. Copy/Paste DoND Folder into your script folder.
  3. Restart Shard.
  4. In game find a location to place the stage.
  5. Use command [add dondadminstone, target center of area where you want stage.
  6. Double tap admin stone to spawn stage.
  7. Double tap stone again to spawn Howey.
  8. Find a place where you want the Ticket Vendor.
  9. Use command [Add Spawner and place a spawner where you want ticket vendor.
  10. Add GameVendor to the spawner and spawn vendor.

Admin Menu
  1. Goto Admin Stone in game.
  2. Double tap stone to get admin menu
  3. Games Played, Gold Taken and Gold Given Totals are shown here.
  4. Debug On/Off button located here as well.

Commercial Set up
  1. On the Admin menu press the motd button.
  2. You get a copy of the Commercial gump but the text area is editable.
  3. Just type in what you want there and press the button the enter it.
  4. Thats it the player will see what you typed when the commercial appears.
  5. Just repeat the above to change what you have to keep up to current shard events.

Replay Set up
  1. On the Admin menu enter a number between 2 - 24 on Replay, default 24.
  2. Replay is based as one game hour.
  3. I restricted the time to be no less then 2 for reasons I wish not to get into, if you wish to have a different value then the ones I provided, you'll need to do that yourself.
  4. After you enter a number, make sure to press okay to enter it.

Playing
  1. Player first buys a ticket from Game Vendor for 50k gold.
  2. Player then visits Howey and double taps him to start game.
  3. Once game is finished a Player Can Not play again for 24 in game hours.
  4. Game Hour is one hour spent playing in game.
  5. Player can also get collectable dolls if they get the prize for a final amount won.

DeBug Set up
  1. In game, goto the DoND Admin Stone.
  2. Double click stone for admin menu.
  3. This menu shows gold sink info and controls debug system.
  4. Press okay under debug to turn debug on, again to turn it off.
  5. Once on you can then play the game to produce your problem.
  6. The debug system outputs to console window.
  7. Once problem has occured, copy/paste console window here for me to see where game is acting buggy.
  8. Also include a discription of problem.
  9. You can also pull up a debug menu while playing the game in debug, Take a screen shot of this to better help me fix the error.

Comments:

I believe this system to be complete and free of bugs, the system was made for a production shard, if you find any problems with the system, please run game debug then respond to this thread and I'll fix them ASAP!

Version 5.0 of this system will be the last version as plans for a new optimized system is already in the works!

Attachments

• DealorNoDeal.zip
    46 KB · Views: 257

Tiamat13

Sorceror
Thank you both for your replies, very kind and I do my best. I would like to also add that any ideas you might have to better the system, please post them as I believe there will be updates in the future because a painting is never finished!

Tru

Knight
Well I just played it seems great...except it wouldn't let me take the deal. There were 3 cases left I wanted the deal and I kept getting the message its not time to deal yet so I chose no deal and went to the last pick (I got more so it was ok but...)

As for future Ideas:
A configuration file so you can configure (easily) time limits and replay time.

The play of this feels so much better than the first version...Thanks Again!!

Tru;738517 said:
Well I just played it seems great...except it wouldn't let me take the deal. There were 3 cases left I wanted the deal and I kept getting the message its not time to deal yet so I chose no deal and went to the last pick (I got more so it was ok but...)

As for future Ideas:

The only thing I can think of to improve this is the ability for a staff member to assume the role of the banker or howie to add some spice to the game. Other than that, its perfect!

Tiamat13

Sorceror
Tru;738517 said:

As for future Ideas:

Tru, Can you please run the game again in debug, try to do exactly what you did to experience the bug. Then on your console window, copy/paste the info so I can see where its going wrong. Also I'll add more options to the admin menu, I was already thinking of adding the commercial text to it so it can be changed there.

Edit : scrap the debug tru, the reason to your problem is really simple, as with the game show you must open the rest to see what you missed and the deal isn't actually given until you open the rest of the cases, if you look in the journal I'm sure you'll see Howey saying for you to open the rest. The only addition I'm going to add here that I missed was to also list the missed offers!

Tiamat13

Sorceror
Random Person;738522 said:
The only thing I can think of to improve this is the ability for a staff member to assume the role of the banker or howie to add some spice to the game. Other than that, its perfect!

I'll look into doing that, sounds great!

Johabius

Knight
Only one thing I've run into, and not sure if it's because I'm playing as an owner instead of a player account. When I'm done with the game, I get three replay tickets instead of one. Other than that, I haven't run into any problems yet. Great job! I've been looking forward to this release.

Also wanted to ask if it was possible to make the game board gump movable? It pretty much gets stuck in the middle of the screen using 1024 x 768 game window.

Tiamat13

Sorceror
Johabius;738544 said:
Only one thing I've run into, and not sure if it's because I'm playing as an owner instead of a player account. When I'm done with the game, I get three replay tickets instead of one. Other than that, I haven't run into any problems yet. Great job! I've been looking forward to this release.

Also wanted to ask if it was possible to make the game board gump movable? It pretty much gets stuck in the middle of the screen using 1024 x 768 game window.

I've made the bug fixes listed above and updated main post, thanks all for reporting bugs, I try to make sure everything works 100% before releasing a system, but I'm only human.

Byteme

Wanderer
Don't know what I am doing wrong. Installed DonD and everything set up properly, got my game ticket, clicked on Howey, girls appeared but I can't seem to play. At the bottom it says type here but I can't type there. What am I doing wrong?

Johabius

Knight
Byteme;738666 said:
Don't know what I am doing wrong. Installed DonD and everything set up properly, got my game ticket, clicked on Howey, girls appeared but I can't seem to play. At the bottom it says type here but I can't type there. What am I doing wrong?
Type in the main UO window. I was confused at first, too.:)

Byteme

Wanderer
What needs to be changed if I want players to be able to play every 8 hours instead of 24? Would this be difficult to do? I am by no means a scripter so would need explicit details as to how and where, if possible.

Also how do I change the amount of the ticket to play the game.

BTW.. LOVE this game.. Thank you Tiamet for this wonderful script!!! :)

Tiamat13

Sorceror
Byteme;738673 said:
What needs to be changed if I want players to be able to play every 8 hours instead of 24? Would this be difficult to do? I am by no means a scripter so would need explicit details as to how and where, if possible.

Also how do I change the amount of the ticket to play the game.

BTW.. LOVE this game.. Thank you Tiamet for this wonderful script!!! :)

you can change the ticket amount in the SBGameVendor.cs on line 23,

Code:
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( DoNDGameTicket ), 50000, 20, 0x14EF, 1161 ) );

Just change the 50000 to what ever you want, then you'll also need to change the amount in the DoNDAdminGump.cs on line 39,

Code:
AddLabel(3, 70, 62, @"Total Gold Taken : " + si.Game*50000);

change the 50000 to what ever you put in the SBGameVendor.cs on line 23.

To change the player reply time go into the PlayerReplayTimer.cs and from line line 51 to 83 is where the time values are, right now it gives warnings at 6, 12, 18 and 24 hours. you can change these to new times, for your suggection of 8 hours I would change the values to 2, 4, 6 and 8. Also in the SoNDLogin.cs change the 24 to 8 on lines 43 and 49, make sure you download the newest version I upload today, this way all the line numbers are correct to the lines in the newest update.

I'm also going to add these values as setable on the admin menu in a future release to avoid admins having to actually change the script.

siran

Sorceror
Tiamat,
Thanks for an awesome job. Deal or No Deal is fun to watch and who hasn't wished they could play?

By the way, you mentioned this was an alpha release following a previously released beta. My understanding is that it would be the other way around. In a software house an alpha release is internal only, for testing without involving anyone outside the company. This is followed by a beta release where selected people outside the company are invited to test the product. After both of these comes the "final" release. (Followed by patches, patches, patches these days....)

Tiamat13

Sorceror
siran;738754 said:
Tiamat,
Thanks for an awesome job. Deal or No Deal is fun to watch and who hasn't wished they could play?

By the way, you mentioned this was an alpha release following a previously released beta. My understanding is that it would be the other way around. In a software house an alpha release is internal only, for testing without involving anyone outside the company. This is followed by a beta release where selected people outside the company are invited to test the product. After both of these comes the "final" release. (Followed by patches, patches, patches these days....)

Thanks for the nice words and the information on beta alpha, I just used them to seperate the releases. I should call it final or something!