RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decorations placement guidance

Streff

Sorceror
Hi Folks,

I'm setting up a small shard using RunUO 2.4 & Nerun's rather excellent "Distro for RunUO 2.4" (taken from the (possibly unofficial? not sure) runuo Github page and Nerun's sig link, respectively). My platform is an old spare Linux Mint (Mint14/Nadia) laptop, so using Mono. It's taken me a couple of days of googling around the forums to get this far, I've solved numerous issues with looping crashes, missing lib files etc, all solved basically by moving from runuo 2.0/1/2.. and then 2.4. Server is up and running. Had to make my way through a lot of outdated/messy tutorials... anyway. Fixed that bit.

So on to the spawns & decorations..

I've never played OSI, so I don't really know what ages / spawns packs fit the current / latest UO map. My client's 'version.txt' reads 1.25.35.

Following Nerun's instructions, I've executed the command 'Apocalypse now' followed by 'let their be light', and picked the latest spawn pack (2nd page, bottom option, 'High Seas, Age II'), and most things seem to work out ok (2nd time round, had to apocolypse a couple times) -- e.g. Haven is correctly split into 'New Haven' and 'Old Haven' (zombies etc in old Haven, quest givers and things in New Haven) - but I'm still left with some areas with decorations out of place, e.g. the dark walled castle in the north of Britain (sorry, don't know the name of it) is as per the attached screenshot.

Am I mixing the wrong UO client patch/map with the wrong spawn pack? Will I need to manually edit the few areas that seem to be offset/out of place?

Thanks.

Attachments

• UO Britnorth.png
    426.7 KB · Views: 10

Streff

Sorceror
after some messing around... Issue is with Trammel Blackthorn castle, doesn't seem to be a problem with Fel version, just Tram.. it's like the decorations are the same in both planes, but the map obviously isn't...

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I just got back to doing the Server hosting thing and have noticed this too. I think it is something with the newer maps (as of December it would seem) so if Nerun hasn't updated that portion it'll be a little bit wonky.

Anyone have a new deco file for this? If not i'm considering just wiping it and decoing my self a bit :3