RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did i do something wrong?

I rented a full dedicated server from xlhost for my dayz epoch server, I finished setting all that up. Seems easy compared to this lol. Any ways its i7 4770 8gbs of ram 128gbs ssd x2 windows 12 r2. I got it running and everything. Just the stock 2.3 the latest download on run uo site, and i downloaded uo from uo.com. I just ran around to see if it worked, which it did at first. Then i typed [add, and added a animal trainer, i bought a horse from it and ran and my client on my computer crashed. I went back to the server computer restarted it, I logged back in and it didnt save my horse, because it didnt do a server save before i closed it. Anyways i bought another horse, and ran and it crashed. Logged back in tried to buy another horse, said that i had to dismount. Shut the server off and back on, and didnt buy a horse and ran around and it crashed again. Logged back in and it crashed.
Thanks for any help.

I re installed it. It works again, I havent tried to add the Animal trainer again though. I guess i wont try anything in till i know more about what I am doing. Would you happen to know if there is some kind of program i can use to change the the stuff in uo when i want. Like add buildings and stuff, or is there just the [add thing?

Twlizer

Sorceror
I like Pandora for that but to be honest I suck at deco..

I cant imagine why a animal trainer would crash a server... Have you modified distro files??

I kinda figured thats what pandora was for from hints it gives, but that doesnt seem to work. Just says creating new profile and stops, guess it doesnt work with windows 12

Twlizer

Sorceror
id suggest neruns spawner system for spawning the server....

After you get use to that convert them over to XMLspawners

O wait, maybe im thinking of this program wrong. I was thinking of it like a warcraft 3 map editor or like skyrim. You have to be in the game to use this?

Yep i see now, i was trying to run it from the server computer. Which oddly enough can play uo over remote view. But i can do it from my home computer. THanks so much for setting me up.