RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

different problem with 1.0.4

different problem with 1.0.4

i am running 5.0.6e uo
corpoate xp with sp2 .net 1.1 and 2.0
latest UOG (latest for how long now lol)

server is on same machine - so logging onto 127.0.0.1

i hvae 3 clients not using razor
4 one is using razor
go to connect with the 4th one and it hangs on the connection screen
it loads up client splash screen, then the log in screnn and razor fine
then i log in and it hangs on that next screen - does nothing - won't even error out - have to click the "x" to close it down

Zippy

Razor Creator
I don't really understand what you're doing. Restart the question. 3 clients connected to what using what program? 4th client connects to localhost and what happens? I am totally confused. This doesn't make any sense.

K

Kitchen_

Zippy said:
I don't really understand what you're doing. Restart the question. 3 clients connected to what using what program? 4th client connects to localhost and what happens? I am totally confused. This doesn't make any sense.

I think I understood it correctly.

1) He has 3 clients running, all connected to a shard, without Razor.
2) He loads up Razor with a 4th client
3) Logs in
4) Its stuck at either Connecting or Verifying Account.

I don't think the problem is with Razor, its either the Server (Max 3 connects at once from 1 IP) or your internet (can't handle that many connections)

that is exactly it

i use UOG with multi client

i connect 3 clients using no razor option
the 4th ones uses razor and i can not connect with that one

used to have no problems with it with 1.0.1

Zippy

Razor Creator
Try using less than 4 clients at a time? Try connecting using *just* *one* Razor and see what happens?

St George

Wanderer
I will make a wild guess and say that client 5.0.6e+uog decryption (razor decryption bypassed) = not working

I would say that if razor cant enforce its own decrypt engine over uog's just say bye bye to uog forever, or just reinstall the client and update till 5.0.6c

EDIT: you have heard that after 5.0.6c the logon encryption changed havent you

Zippy

Razor Creator
Lord_Greywolf said:
just tried - 1 client only - connecting through UOG with razor - and it locks up at the "connecting" screen
Which connecting screen? Do you get to select a server at all?

st george - 5.0.5e is fine it is 5.0.6.5 and later that is no good

I get to choose the shard - it is locking up between it and the character selection screen

server and myself both running ML at 5.0.6.e (different directories)
xp corp
connecting to 127.0.0.1
no other 3rd party uo programs running (UOAR, pandora, etc)
same thing even after a fresh computer boot up

1.0.1 razor connects fine, 1.0.4 doesn't

i have never connected to the servers but through UOG because of the patches required - from statics to clicloc files - lots of patches

i never even set up razor for doing it

so truthfuly i have no idea if i can or not

Zippy

Razor Creator
... but the server is local... Just try it... you may nt be able to play, but you may make it to the character selections screen which is what I am really interested in finding out.

ok - how do i get it to try - all it tries to connect to is to OSI, where i do not have an account - i do not see any place in razor to sett which ip to use, etc

i just started up razor - it started up on its own with the log in screen

i could not fin any option on any pages for setting up IP, etc for connection

ok - now that i know how to configure razor so i could try to connect

I was able to connect with using just razor only
But not with UOG with razor

I am using the newest (if you want to call it that) UOG
with 1.0.4 razor - this happens, 1.0.1 works great
OSI patch 5.0.6e - both server and client
connecting to 127.0.0.1 port 2593
xp corporate version sp 2 .n et 1.1 & 2.0
clinet is runuo 2.0 svn 103 core RC1 files and lots of custom scripts (none effect login - only after login)

Zippy

Razor Creator
You cannot launch Razor from UOGateway if UOGateway is set not to patch encryption. It has always been this way as far as I remember.

i do not need to patch the encryption - i am using 5.0.6e which works fine with uog's encription method
it is those with 6.0.65 and higher that need it to be the new encryption method

like i said - it works fine with razor 1.0.1 just not with 1.0.4

so maybe have razor have an option not to use its encription method if using UOG? or for it to use the old old one that was in 1.0.1 then?

any ideas on this zippy?

i am doing fine with the 1.0.1 for logging in and such, just UOG and 1.0.4 does not seam to like each other with 5.0.6e i guess