RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know how to fix?

wit22tt

Wanderer
Does anyone know how to fix?

If anyone knows what is causing this error and how to fix it, the information would be GREATLY appreciated. It is coming up in the console everytime the server goes to "save" itself.

Code:
Reports: Save started
Reports: Save complete
System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
   at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
   at Server.Engines.Reports.XmlPersistanceWriter.Close()
Reports: Render started
Reports: Render complete

wit22tt

Wanderer
I didn't add anything. What happened was that I had to reformat my computer so I saved my entire RunUO 1.0.0 folder. After I installed Windows (2k) again, I copied the file back onto my hard drive. Ran the server and it loads, but I always get this message. The server runs fine and saves and everything. It doesn't seem to have any dire effects on it, but I was just curious as to what was causing it. Thanks for the help

FLuXx()

Sorceror
"Cannot create a file when that file already exists."

Something is trying to be written during saves, but seems something may be trying to write to the same file at the same time, so this error comes up. Just a guess though.

wit22tt

Wanderer
thats what i figured. There was another error i fixed that was pertaining to the reports.html file in the runuo/output folder. It was set to read only when i xfered all the files back to my fresh windows install. I took the read only off, but this error still comes up. I believe it is still referring to that file, but I'm not positive. I was just curious as to if anyone else has seen this error in similar instances.

Codeus

Wanderer
Have you modified any of the Report system files, especially the Persistance/PersistanceWriter.cs file?
Just wondering, 'cause the Close method uses the File.Move method, that can give you that error.

wit22tt

Wanderer
I haven't modified any of them. Didn't even know what they were or where they are. I will check when I get home (at work right now) and see if it's set to read-only like the other files. *thinks he reset that* Thanks for the info, it gives me a place to start looking :)

Tark

Wanderer
ugg i hate this error. its been happening on my shard, and its crashed it a couple times, otherwise it just pops up during a save, and keeps on going.

wit22tt

Wanderer
It hasn't crashed my shard yet, but I'm waiting for it to. I checked all the persistance files, I never have modified them at all. None of them are read only or anything to that effect either. I guess I'll just leave it till it causes a dire issue. Thanks for the help guys, and possibly girls...

Tark

Wanderer
*repeatedly beats head on wall*

the output folder was read-only!!!! agggh after all that work it was something so stupid....

Lokigom92

Wanderer
need help here as well

I realize that this is an older thread, but I am having the same problem. I looked and found that my output folder was also read only, and set it so that it wasn't, applied the change, clicked ok. However, my output folder will not remain like that, so I continue to get this message. So far, it has not caused any major complications, but I would like to get this fixed before it happens. I have not added any new scripts or changed any pre-existing ones. Can anyone lend a hand?

Phantom

Knight
People, read the error please....

The problem it seems is that, the Reports system is trying to save to quickly.

You should increase the amount of time, if you changed it, because this doesn't happen by default.

Lokigom92

Wanderer
What has got me is this...it only just started doing this in the last couple of days. I have had my shard up and running for about 8 months now with no sign of this. I have not changed anything in the last month or two, so I don't know why this started all of a sudden like this. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Greystar

Wanderer
Lokigom92 said:
What has got me is this...it only just started doing this in the last couple of days. I have had my shard up and running for about 8 months now with no sign of this. I have not changed anything in the last month or two, so I don't know why this started all of a sudden like this. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

make sure that none of the files are Read Only... I had that problem once, just a suggestion and you can take it or leave it as you choose.

Lokigom92

Wanderer
yeah, my output file is read only, I change it so that it's not, but it won't stay like that. I make the change....apply it, click ok, then when I go to check it, it's back to read only. Don't know how to get it to stop doing that.