RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doom's Dark Guardian Room System, Vers. 1.0.

Waverian

Wanderer
Doom's Dark Guardian Room System, Vers. 2.0. **UPDATED: Friday, July 23rd, 2004.

Dark Guardian Room System Version 2.0

Includes:
-DarkGuardian.cs
-GuardianPad.cs
-GenGuardian.cs

Description:
An attempted duplication of OSI's Dark Guardian room in dungeon doom ( uo.stratics.com for more details). Which includes all of the necessary components and an automatic component spawning system.

Usage:
[genguardian
[add darkguardian (for seperate non-related guardian spawns.)

Installation:
-Scripts folder of your choice. No distro editting needed.

Additional Author's Comments:
-This is, firstly, by no means 'complete.' This is just a foundation to automatically add the components and spawn the monsters on room entrance. Currently the poison gas concept ( as used on OSI, yet again more information available at uo.stratics.com ), is not implemented in this version.
-This script also is not a precise duplicate. Primarily because I've never gotten to the point where I'd enter Doom on OSI's UO, and this is based off of my concept of stratics minimalistic explanation.

Updated Friday, July 23, 2004

Changes:
-I basically remade the entire system to work more efficiently and accurately.. The old components were coded like ass. I should be shot for uploading them here. If you've got them on your server, sterilize it.
-Added an easier way to spawn the components. An Admin command [genguardian will add all of the needed components regardless of your world location.
-Added two treasure chests as per some input here.*
-As usual, report all issues/bugs what have you, due to the fact that I can only test something to a limited point of thoroughness (word?) with a single person.
-Still haven't gotten around to the poison since the time spent on this was currently devoted to cleaning it up. Hopefully the poison will be in within the next few days if all goes smoothly.

*This system needs warduke's treasure chests with treasure map loot system to work. If you don't want to download that seperately of this, just edit out references to the chest in GenGuardian.cs. Otherwise, that script can be found here:
http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39182&page=1

*EDIT: Just a note, this also fixed the issue with multiple doors and teleporters spawning during system use, as part of the rewrite. However, there will be multiple item copies if the [genguardian command is used more than once. I still haven't worked out an existant check.

**EDIT TWO: Sorry for a little mistake. I included an old version of the Dark Guardian, which needed parts from the old system to work. I've uploaded the proper guardian script.

If you dont want to redownload, you can just remove the OnBeforeDeath method of the Dark Guardian script.

Updated Tuesday, July 27th, 2004:
-Fixed a very stupid Serialization/Deserialization oversight. Crash issues should be fixed.

Cheers,
Waverian.

Attachments

• Doom Dark Guardian Room - Vers 2.0.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 854

Icon

Wanderer
Ahh doesn't rc0 already have the doom gualent as part of the distro and the all the scripts needed/traps and npcs needed for it?

Hk

joshw

Sorceror
There is also high level locked treasure chests in this room that respawn when entering room. If my memory is correct

Waverian

Wanderer
Thanks for the input. Stratics made some scant references to this, but I wasn't sure.

I'll add those in the next version. ^^;

Cutter894

Wanderer
Waverian said:
Dark Guardian Room System Version 1.0

Thanks for this one, I have been looking to add this to my shard, I could never figure it out, especially hard since I have never seen it.

Thanks Again.

joshw

Sorceror
OK you might have a few things dif on OSI you can open the doors to the room but once you walk in then the doors slam shut and lock unpickable then gas fills room then the two guardians spawn once the guardians are defeated the doors unlock and you have aproximately 15 to 20 seconds to get out of room before gass starts again and guardians spawn again.

NOTE: you can not recal or gate outa this room

Waverian

Wanderer
Yeah, I got that, joshw. The problem was I was having difficulty finding a decent method for the door to notice input. But I'll be working on that in further versions.

Also, there's only a 30-45 second delay?

I put an hour delay on the timer, so people wouldn't camp the place and abuse the spawn, but if the 30-45 seconds is more realistic, then I could do that.

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
Okay, might it be that i am doing something wrong, but when I added the monitor and D-Click it, it does not do anything. I followed the instructsions and all. Might I be missing out on something?>

x-ray

Wanderer
Okay, might it be that i am doing something wrong, but when I added the monitor and D-Click it, it does not do anything. I followed the instructsions and all. Might I be missing out on something

nope i think you are not. The script didnt notify the admin about his work
Check the doors, if you clicked the monitor several times with double click i think you have for example several doors installed :)

Waverian
Nice work, hope to see soon puzzle and lamp room from you :)
But the one problem i already said above - it would be better if the monitor notify GM whats happend, also its not bad idea to check if something exist in the doorway and if it is a door try to remove it.

Hmm ok but..

Well i tried it and what you have is a good start but i had problems and also i have been in the room on osi before so i may be of some help.

ok first the problem i had was this. After setting it up i tried it and it seemed to work but the doors locked permanently and it also creates several sets of doors and no i only set it up once i only double clicked it once so you may want to look into that. other than that minor problem it looks good so far.

now here is a GOOD description of the osi version:

ok when you first walk up to the room it is empty and the doors are not locked.

you enter the doors shut and you hear them click and you are locked in the room thats when the dark guardians spawn and gas fills the room.

once you kill them the doors unlock and then you have 30 or 45 seconds to get out before the doors lock shut again and gas fills the room and more of those nasty creeps spawn.

now if you die in this room and you walk through the doors as a ghost it will teleport you and your body to another part of doom im not sure if its a random location but if you need me to i can find out and also if its a set location i can give you coordinates for it. also if you die and a friend resurects you you can loot your body but as soon as you try to leave it will teleport you. this has happened to me before it sucks

you already know about the chests im not sure what level they are or what loot is in them ive never tried picking them its to rough with the gas and creeps in there it would take a few ppl killing the guardians and healing while you pick em.

well i hope i helped some if ya need someone to go on osi and find out more i have an account and am looking for a reason to use it just ask :)

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
Yeah, I had a bunch of doors on there, but the doors to that room were fine. Was there a command to delete all the doors in the world so I can read add them? The multiporter would not let me in. I have never done that room, so no clue how that area is supposed to work.

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
Okay, I wiped the doors out and redid the monitor for 1 time. I just did a test run with my player char and it still came up with like 10 doors, I had to tele into the last room and nothing happened. What is supposed to happen?

Waverian

Wanderer
I'll try to address all of the issues. Let me know if I missed any.

I know about the multiple door issue. This occurs because there's currently no check to see if the door is already existant. So after the rooms been used a couple of times, there's a whole crapload of teleporters and doors. Partially an oversight, partially having no clue how to check if the item is spawned already. (I've tried to do a null check on the doors and teleporters, but it still always spawns them. Probably because it's checking if the door has a value of null. Not null within the world).

x-ray, I could've sworn I put a notification in there, that told the person clicking it ( if they were an admin ), that the components were generated. Possibly when you set this up, you were a GM? I'll first check to see if the notification code is existantant, and if it is, I'll change the accesslevel check to GM or above.

In this version, the doors will stay locked. You walk in front of the doors, and a teleporter takes you past them. It was, at the time, a cheap way of bypassing a problem I had where I couldn't find an easy way to get input from the doors themselves.

However, in the next version I'm working on currently ( which is almost finished, save for an annoying problem I can't seem to get around. ), it will allow for door opening, and will be ( currently rather close to ), kirby's description.

I apologize for the time taken on this, but I'm currently working on a spell system for the shard I play on, and it's taken a higher spot on my coding priorities. :p I'll keep you all informed on my progress with a more accurate and reliable version.

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
Waverian said:
I'll try to address all of the issues. Let me know if I missed any.

I know about the multiple door issue. This occurs because there's currently no check to see if the door is already existant. So after the rooms been used a couple of times, there's a whole crapload of teleporters and doors. Partially an oversight, partially having no clue how to check if the item is spawned already. (I've tried to do a null check on the doors and teleporters, but it still always spawns them. Probably because it's checking if the door has a value of null. Not null within the world).

x-ray, I could've sworn I put a notification in there, that told the person clicking it ( if they were an admin ), that the components were generated. Possibly when you set this up, you were a GM? I'll first check to see if the notification code is existantant, and if it is, I'll change the accesslevel check to GM or above.

In this version, the doors will stay locked. You walk in front of the doors, and a teleporter takes you past them. It was, at the time, a cheap way of bypassing a problem I had where I couldn't find an easy way to get input from the doors themselves.

However, in the next version I'm working on currently ( which is almost finished, save for an annoying problem I can't seem to get around. ), it will allow for door opening, and will be ( currently rather close to ), kirby's description.

I apologize for the time taken on this, but I'm currently working on a spell system for the shard I play on, and it's taken a higher spot on my coding priorities. :p I'll keep you all informed on my progress with a more accurate and reliable version.

When I tried to go do a check on the area, nobody else had been in that area prior but was still multiple doors. When I got to the wooden doors, they would open, but I would have to teleport into the room because the teleporters would just push me back. No spawn came out though once in the room, so that was why I was wondering if something had to be done.

sUpplier1

Wanderer
Waverian said:
Dark Guardian Room System Version 2.0

There're problems with 2.0 version, This version doesn't compiles. It's seems to me that you've forgot something to include.
There 6 error like this:
Code:
 - Error: Scripts\_CustomNew\Doom\DarkGuardianSystem - Vers 2.0\DarkGuardian.cs:
 CS0246: (line 61, column 4) The type or namespace name 'DoomMultiporter' could
not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\_CustomNew\Doom\DarkGuardianSystem - Vers 2.0\DarkGuardian.cs:
 CS0246: (line 62, column 4) The type or namespace name 'multiporternorth' could
 not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)