RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doom's Dark Guardian Room System, Vers. 1.0.

Jarrod

Sorceror
yes. confirmed that the current download has pads that result in a crash when leaving the room

snapdragon76

Wanderer
Im using latest file but still getting server crash when someone walks over guardian pad.Here is my crash log. :(

Server Crash Report
===================

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Items.GuardianPad.OnMoveOver(Mobile m)
at Server.Mobile.Move(Direction d)
at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.Move(Direction d)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.MovementReq(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

jaynigs

Wanderer
I have this working already on my shard using xmlspawners, and this system looks promising, however it is not working correctly for me.

When someone dies in the room, they walk out and get ported which is great, but then noone can get back in! the doors are locked from the outside, and if there is noone inside the room then they stay locked forever????

Ysanne

Wanderer
Crash still occuring

I got the same crash that has happened before.

11-28-04 14-44-44
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.MovementReq(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

I then followed the directions about removing the Guardian pads and respawning the room. I got the crash again.

11-28-04 15-1-49
Exception:

Has there been another fix made that I have not located?

Thanks for any help!

James4245

Wanderer
if you'll check the pads you will find one with "null", that will cause a server crash when walked over... just set them to a dark guardian to solve the problem

Problem

I have tried this script couple of times seeing if I could get it to work but I keep running into problems with it. I know I seen where someone said there was null on the spawner to change it and I did not seem to be able to find it and was woundering if there was gonna be an updated version of this that will not crash the shard becasue my players are getting mad about it crashing and the room is not spawned. Thank you

Memnoch

Wanderer
I'm pretty sure all of this is in the latest version of runuo and will continue to be left in future versions. I dont know what reason there would be to attempt to use this script now.

Memnoch said:
I'm pretty sure all of this is in the latest version of runuo and will continue to be left in future versions. I dont know what reason there would be to attempt to use this script now.

I sure can't find any commands to generate this and the room is empty in the current version. I don't know if they will have it in the SE edition or the ML edition. I would think that since it was AOS, if RunUO was going to have it, it would have already been put in place and operational. If you know a command to generate it and get it going I would love to know what it is.

Commands

If you would read the first page it would tell you the commands to spawn thing script. I have a problem with this script when someone walks over the tele's in the room the shard will crash so,:rolleyes: I think you should not download this for your good.

WanderingRage said:
If you would read the first page it would tell you the commands to spawn thing script. I have a problem with this script when someone walks over the tele's in the room the shard will crash so,:rolleyes: I think you should not download this for your good.

I did read it the first page and I also read the top of page four and fixed the spawner that crashes the shard, so yes I do know how to spawn the script and mine actually works.

The problem lies that the lock checks all work for when you cross the spawner I.E when you cross it to enter the room it triggers the lock and starts the spawn and then when you kill the spawn the doors unlock. The problem I had was that when I exited the room it locked the doors and started the spawn and then no one could get back into the room. When I had 2 people enter the room or left the room and went right back in the doors would not lock but the spawn would start and you could leave the room and drag the spawn with you. I am still learning c# and at this point I am not knowledgable enough to fix this problem.

Problem

Well see the bad part with this it is in the archive section so no one will help you fix this problem and they hardly look at these unless they are trying to find an old script here. The people that come here dont even help you they just say people will not help you or they get smart so, your best bet would be to wait for the new version of UO made by RunUo becasue they should have all the updates and rooms fixed for us.:)

WanderingRage said:
Well see the bad part with this it is in the archive section so no one will help you fix this problem and they hardly look at these unless they are trying to find an old script here. The people that come here dont even help you they just say people will not help you or they get smart so, your best bet would be to wait for the new version of UO made by RunUo becasue they should have all the updates and rooms fixed for us.:)

I sure hope it gets added. It is a fun room. I am guessing that since it was an AOS thing and they already have all the AOS stuff finished that maybe it just sin't possible to work this room without a bunch of bugs. Lets hope they have it ready for the next release. :)

jeremymcc

Sorceror
this is a pretty cool script. i'd love to see someone complete it. i would but i'm not that good at scripting yet. *sigh*