RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drake riding RunUO Style

Spooky

Wanderer
Drake riding RunUO Style

I have already got Runuo to let a character ride a drake :)

But for it to be fully working one of you graphic animation guru's needs to do the animations into the latest version of the client.

To encourage you to do it here is the scrennie of unmounted and mounted.

All that is left is the animation update to the Client so lets see that animation update!! and ill post the code to let you mout it up after I test it to make sure all is ok.

Z

Zaine

where did you get the drake from? its not in beta five? did you script it yourself?

A

Allmight

Uh

Yes, he probablu scripted it himself. It's easy to do actually.

Just take a npc script, change the GfxID and the stats and skills. Rename the class to fit the name and rename the file, and voila, a new npc.

Mortis

Knight
I was hopeing to stay away from verdata patches.

But i could try the mountable drake patch i have to a clean verdata to give it a try.

The problem may not be the anims so much as a client that will let you view them.

I ran uorice up against client 2.0.3 just to try it. It did not go well. Would not let me connect properly.

If you want it later just ask i can put it up on a url and let you download it.

And yes mountable creatures are extremly easy in RunUO this morning i was riding a Deer. Before i left for work.
But alas like the drake you made the mounted amins were not thier.

p3nt4x0r

Wanderer
I still don't know, why y'all use verdata patches.. my shard uses direct patches into doublicated .mul files! it's way better and faster!

Z

Zaine

when runuo is finished then we should make some stuff ridable other than drakes and deer and stuff. that would be cool

Spooky

Wanderer
Re: Drake Riding

Yes I scripted It myself :)

Hopeing 1 of you guys can do the client mod to add the animations.
I also tried with an older client but it seems that RunUO doesnt like the older clients, so the current one will need to be patched with the animations.

L

LancealotTDS

why top the rides at all that, we need to ride slimes, chickens, daemons and even other people!!

H

hydroxtrem

Yes ride eachother would be halarious, it could be like a new source of income, i can see it now, people spamming at bank *30k For 30 Minutes of riding* or. *10k for a ride to vesper* *15k round trip*

Leviathon

Wanderer
just a question, i have uo:lbr and there is no verdata file. If there were pics added into a verdat how would i get it to work :p and is there another way to do it?

Spooky

Wanderer
RE: Drake Riding RunUO Style

The 3D client works differently from the 2D client the verdata is for the 2D client the same sort of thing would have to be done for the 3D client for those wanting to use it.
Never used the 3D client so I can not comment on how you would have to go about it in the 3D client.

p3nt4x0r

Wanderer
Actually with 3d clients you have to have a pretty good skill in messing with meshes and polygons.. have fun.. *S*

btw: I don't care if the word doublicated exists.. it means: "exact copy of the first instance". thats it.. cyall

JDLUSTER

Wanderer
i dont have the uo3d but im ok with 3d anim if you need me to help if i have some free time ill work on it but cant promise awsome results only mediokre

Mortis

Knight
To mount a beast not in the normal animations you need some anim patching. I could try my uoriced client 2.0.3 but first i would need blow away my custom verdata with the patches to make sure it went right.

Another thing i have noticed with 2.0.3 is you lose the messages on click and dclick. It was the same on origin when i would log on with a custom verdata.