RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Druid Spells & Spellbook Revisited

Druid Spells & Spellbook Revisited

Druid Spells & Spellbook

I realized a lot of people were having problems with the druid spells, spellbook, ect. There were a lot of spelling mistakes and other issues. Here is a working system that has been tested. I'm pretty sure everything is here if not let me know. I even added my own druid reagent stone and bag of reagents. These were created by Voran, and use Taming and Animal Lore. No longer have to waste skill points on Magery. I love these scripts and wish Voran would of released other spell systems...if u know of any please let me know. I found Cleric Spells which I use for Paladins and I'm currently working on Undead Spells which is a second book for Necromancy. I'll release the Undead Spells when they are complete (any ideas please submit them here).

First thing u need to do is search on u'r Runuo folders for the following files:
Initializer.cs
Spellbook.cs
Reagent.cs
SpellRegistery.cs

When u find them try this (it is what I do when replacing files with new ones).
U should back them up by doing the following....
Rename them:
Initializer.cs.old
Spellbook.cs.old
Reagent.cs.old
SpellRegistery.cs.old

Then drop in the replacement files.
If u have any problems let me know.

Attachments

• Druid System.zip
    51.4 KB · Views: 805

Voran

Wanderer
Would you minc posting a changelog between this and the original script? I've changed my default scripts quite considerably from the version I submitted, and I'd like to know what the spelling mistakes and issues were.
Thanks!

Sure I'll look into it but I'll have to reinstall the old scripts to get the errors. But I do remember there was a lot of spelling mistakes. And I noticed people were editing they're scripts and causing more errors. The changes were small not enough to say that I modified them or made them better. Just to help out people who don't know how to fix it themselves...I decided to post a working version. BTW thanks for submitting those scripts for us. Do u have any other spell systems? :) I'd sure like to have them.

Voran

Wanderer
Oh, I apreciate the fixes, I just wanted to know what they were :)

I'm still working on the Ultima VII scripts - David's given me some code that's made sleep a million times better - and I'm looking at Shamanic magic, but nothing new so far :)

Droven

Wanderer
First have to say that really great script :D
I have a question. I want to place this book into players bankbox. What line should I add to CharacterCreation? (know where to add just don't know the codes)
Tnx

Reply Voran

Oh cool sounds good please let me know when U finish the Ultima VII & Shamanic spells. I've seen hints of the Ultima VII spells and am very eager to see it. David is brillant...I'm sure it will be good. I'm currently working on Undead Spells it's a second set of spells for Necromancy. Please keep me informed of u'r progress...I look forward to hearing from U. Thanks again!!!

Reply to Droven

Look for this section in u'r Charactercreation.cs
Located: Runuo Folder/Scripts/Misc

private static void FillBankAOS( Mobile m )
{

BankBox bank = m.BankBox;
if ( bank == null )
return;

// The new AOS bankboxes don't have powerscrolls, they are automatically 'applied':
for ( int i = 0; i < PowerScroll.Skills.Length; ++i )
m.Skills[PowerScroll.Skills].Cap = 120.0;
m.StatCap = 250;
Container cont;
bank.DropItem( new Spellbook( UInt64.MaxValue ) );
bank.DropItem( new NecromancerSpellbook( (UInt64)0xFFFF ) );
bank.DropItem( new BookOfChivalry( (UInt64)0x3FF ) );
bank.DropItem( new DruidicSpellbook( (UInt64)0xEFA ) );
bank.DropItem( new UndeadSpellbook( (UInt64)0x2254 ) );
bank.DropItem( new EtherealOstard() );
bank.DropItem( new Dyes() );
bank.DropItem( new DyeTub() );
bank.DropItem( new BlackDyeTub() );

I'll also give U the Druid Vendor.

Attachments

• Druid.cs
    1.3 KB · Views: 122
  • SBDruid.cs
    4.1 KB · Views: 126

dstarz20

Sorceror
I just put this in, and My first ccaster crashed shard. Any ideas?

Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.BitArray.Get(Int32 index)
at Server.Regions.CustomRegion.OnBeginSpellCast(Mobile from, ISpell s)
at Server.Spells.Spell.Cast()
at Server.Gumps.DruidicSpellbookGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Mortis

Knight
Does this ecorporate the spell book that works for both 2d and 3d client.

I edited about four spell books submitted here to also workin 3d. So I was just wondering for any one who downloads this.

Reply to Mortis

Oh is it an issue with the 3D Client? I use 2D and had no problems. I'll have to check the 3D client and see. If so do U know the fix?

Droven

Wanderer
PlaceItemIn( cont, 75, 105, new DruidicSpellbook( (UInt64)0xEFA ) );
I've added that line to charactercreation. Then I crate a new character then looked at my bank. I saw the Druidic Spell Book. It has 9 spells and the spells weren't druidic and I couldn't see anything in the book.What's wrong with he 0xEFA ? What would it be changed ?

Reply to Droven

OK no problem. Why don't we keep things simple then. I put together this script just for U.
We'll simply add an empty druidic spellbook and a bag of druid scrolls.

bank.DropItem( new DruidicSpellbook());
bank.DropItem( new BagOfDruidScrolls());

Attachments

• BagOfDruidScrolls.cs
    1.5 KB · Views: 110
Reply to Droven

Hey no problem if you find any other problems just let me know. BTW I'll be releasing an Undead spell system for necromancers soon. I already finished 5 new spells and will be posting it soon.

dstarz20

Sorceror
Just an FYI for all in case you use the customizable regions script like I do. Had a player cast a druid spell in a customed region and it crashed my shard. The region is basically locked down, almost like the Jail area.

Crash

Oh well that is good news in a way. I couldn't get my shard to crash like u'rs did. I looked into it when U posted the problem. I don't have the customize region script, but now that U said that I'll look into it and try and find a fix. But that would mean a modification to the Custom Region script not this one. THX for the post.