RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Druid Spells

Voran

Wanderer
*sleepy yawn 'cause he's off to bed*
Did you use the gump posted above?
*not sure why he never has this problem with the default gump he posted*
Hope it works!

jmw_stylus

Sorceror
Wonder if enyone else is having this problem... new Druidic Spellbooks show they have 0 spells on mouseover, but when u open the book it's full, regardless whether any scrolls have been added or not. Is this a problem with the script, or have i done something wrong installing it? i haven't had any problems with spells overlapping, btw, just that book, when opened, shows full whether scrolls have been added or not.

Voran

Wanderer
jmw_stylus said:
Wonder if enyone else is having this problem... new Druidic Spellbooks show they have 0 spells on mouseover, but when u open the book it's full, regardless whether any scrolls have been added or not. Is this a problem with the script, or have i done something wrong installing it? i haven't had any problems with spells overlapping, btw, just that book, when opened, shows full whether scrolls have been added or not.
You haven't got a second, full druid spellbook in your bag, have you? The spellbook just checks to see if you have the spell, not the book.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Voran said:
*sleepy yawn 'cause he's off to bed*
Did you use the gump posted above?
*not sure why he never has this problem with the default gump he posted*
Hope it works!

The only thing I can think of Voran, is that it's only with certain combinations of spells that cause it. I had to sit there in green acres and create all the spells around me and add them to the book in different combinations to get it to overlap. I do know that it's ALWAYS the Shield of Earth spell that messes up, but its only with specific other spells. There was an inconsistancy in the little snippet in the gump code, so I fixed it and it seems to be working... nothing major, and after all the coding you did for this system, it's an extremely minor issue. Once again, we love this system, I think I have more Druids than mages on my shard. They even made me code a whole loot and random vendor generation system for the scrolls for the system! :p This is by far one of the best spell systems out there.

gelfling

Wanderer
Hi Avelyn,
Its seems that you have found the inconsistancy in the gump :)
The one for overlapping.
Would you be so kind to post that plz????????
Great script BTW LOVE IT !!!
Greatings Gelfling

------------------
"There was an inconsistancy in the little snippet in the gump code, so I fixed it and it seems to be working... nothing major, and after all the coding you did for this system, it's an extremely minor issue. "

rafael

Wanderer
i need a step by step tutorial here, i am new top runuo, and i am breaking my head with this druid spellbook, i really am... and i get errors saying that spell registry file has something already in use somewhere else

jmwarden

Wanderer
rafael said:
i need a step by step tutorial here, i am new top runuo, and i am breaking my head with this druid spellbook, i really am... and i get errors saying that spell registry file has something already in use somewhere else

Post your error log here. It sounds like you have a custom script duplicating something in the distro scripts.

Avelyn

Sorceror
gelfling said:
Hi Avelyn,
Its seems that you have found the inconsistancy in the gump :)
The one for overlapping.
Would you be so kind to post that plz????????
Great script BTW LOVE IT !!!
Greatings Gelfling

------------------
"There was an inconsistancy in the little snippet in the gump code, so I fixed it and it seems to be working... nothing major, and after all the coding you did for this system, it's an extremely minor issue. "

Errr I did.. its on the last page.. that's the center code for the gump file.. make sure yours matches.

L

Link101

hi! i did everything like the intelizer and the reagent.cs but there is only 1 last problum i get a error : error scripts\spells\druid\druidecticspellbook.cs:CS0117 (line 10 collum 64) "server items.spellbooktype" dose not contain a defenition for druidic how can i fix this? im new at scripts =P can anyone help me?

Avelyn

Sorceror
Link101 said:
hi! i did everything like the intelizer and the reagent.cs but there is only 1 last problum i get a error : error scripts\spells\druid\druidecticspellbook.cs:CS0117 (line 10 collum 64) "server items.spellbooktype" dose not contain a defenition for druidic how can i fix this? im new at scripts =P can anyone help me?

what is a druidecticspellbook? lol check your spelling and caps when scripting!

L

Link101

it says Druidicspellbook i just spelled it wrong when i was posting this =/

L

Link101

wheres spellbook.cs located in scripts? i cant find it and search is messing up :confused: :confused: :confused:

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Grr, this is almost a little old to post, but there's a bug with the Spell REgistration you have. You're having it register numbers over 300, but the Array of REgistration Types only goes upto 300, so, The spells never actually make it INTO the Spell Registry.

Myabe instead of having the numbers start at 300, start 'em at 250. There be plenty o' room :)

Voran

Wanderer
ASayre8 said:
Grr, this is almost a little old to post, but there's a bug with the Spell REgistration you have. You're having it register numbers over 300, but the Array of REgistration Types only goes upto 300, so, The spells never actually make it INTO the Spell Registry.

Myabe instead of having the numbers start at 300, start 'em at 250. There be plenty o' room :)
I would, but I have other spells starting there :)
You only need to edit the spell registry.cs to use spells over 300, as I think I posted earlier.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Voran said:
I would, but I have other spells starting there :)
You only need to edit the spell registry.cs to use spells over 300, as I think I posted earlier.

Dang, you have over 200 spells more than the default? :confused: Wow, lotta spells.

Voran

Wanderer
Not quite 200, but I've not left much space for oddments. Custom monster spells and the like soon add up.

darthus

Wanderer
Hmm, ok, I've downloaded this, and installed it all, registered the spells, added the reagents, it compiles properly. Is the only way to get the spellbook and reagents in the game to add a vendor? I tried using the [add admin command, and they don't seem to be in there. Does that command allow for adding every existing item, or is it just a list of the items that OSI made when they made the game, meaning custom items don't show up in there and have to be added through the code etc.