RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dual Static Edit (this one is a headscratcher)

Vhaerun

Sorceror
First post I tried to explain the problem, but it ran like three pages, so here it is in a nutshell:

I have to make many small-scale edits to two static files at the same time. I have two static files, and they both have to be edited exactly the same, in that items need to be added and removed to both.

They are both for Felucca/Trammel sized maps.

m309

Squire
I'm pretty sure if the maps are sized exactly the same, contain the exact same stuff, and you need them to be exactly the same on all counts - you can just edit one set (map/static/staidx 0 for instance), and then copy and rename them (map/static/staidx 1 in the same example).

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Tried that, and it doesn't seem to work... though now that another issue has cropped up, I think I might retry this. Thanks for the help as always :)

You'll have to come see the map when we're finished with it.

If we ever finish it.

m309

Squire
I know the feeling, I've been working on one for over a year now. I think I'm addicted to development. In any case, I'd love to see it when its complete.