RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dumb questions - round two

K

Kevin

Dumb questions - round two

I've got RunUO running perfectly and can join the server with a client on the same machine. EXACTLY what I was hoping for.

I've also found the autosave script and have the server saving every 5 minutes. I think I'll drop that down to every 2 or 3 but can easily change the script to do that.

I have two questions:
1. Can mobiles be added without a script or does each mobile location have to be placed specifically. In other words, will the UO server place monsters for me or do they need to be scripted?

2. What happens if a script is added for a skill that's already in the game? I know the Hide skill is in the game without a script in the scripts folder but what if I added a script for Hide? Would it override the default hide that is native to the server?

Thanks in advance for a great product!

krrios

Administrator
1) RunUO will not automagically spawn mobiles for you. Eventually we are hoping to provide a filled world with the downloads, but that's a ways off. Most NPCs are not yet scripted, so they cannot be spawned through [add or a script.

2) That really depends on which script RunUO compiles first. If you want to remove a clash between two skill scripts without completely removing one, you can comment out the Initialize() method for the old script.