RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easy Zit Removal

Easy Zit Removal

What you need:
1. Colgate Total
Note: Make sure this is not the "whitening" vers. and make sure its not a gel toothepast. Reason? It can cause irritation.

What you need to do:
1. Wash your face with warm water.
2. Take some of the Colgate Total and dap it on the every zit spot.
3. Leave it on - go to bed.
Morning
1. Cleanse face.

What does this do?
It forms a clay mask around the zit, the toothpast then dries out the skin that it is applied to. Thus, killing the zit.

Note: If you have sensitive skin... do not use this method as you will end up with bad results.

Picture of suggested toothpaste:

-Storm

'Nother tip. "Popping" them only cause them to be noticeable longer.

A poped one will stay there for mby longer then a week.
A unpopped one can go away in 2 days.

:)

The key is to wash your face with soap and water every Morning and night ;)

NEVER scrub your face with one of those buff puff things...Omg I did this when I was a teenager and my face looked like a HUGE TOMATO sitting on shoulders!! :eek: It was scary!! LOL

Tannis

Knight
DreamCatcher said:
The key is to wash your face with soap and water every Morning and night ;)

NEVER scrub your face with one of those buff puff things...Omg I did this when I was a teenager and my face looked like a HUGE TOMATO sitting on shoulders!! :eek: It was scary!! LOL
That doesn't always work either. I started getting zits when I was 10 (thanks Mom!). Since I hit about 17, I get one every 2-3 weeks or so, but for my teenage years, it was really bad. Washing too much is bad for your skin since it dries it out and causes it to produce even more oil. Twice a day is good, but for sensitive skin, sometimes it's too much. I tried the toothpaste thing a loooong time ago and it didn't work for me. Then again, nothing did. Pills, Noxzema, Proactiv, you name it, I tried it. Now I use St. Ives (Swiss Ives?) Apricot Scrub, and I'm good to go.

Tannis said:
That doesn't always work either. I started getting zits when I was 10 (thanks Mom!). Since I hit about 17, I get one every 2-3 weeks or so, but for my teenage years, it was really bad. Washing too much is bad for your skin since it dries it out and causes it to produce even more oil. Twice a day is good, but for sensitive skin, sometimes it's too much. I tried the toothpaste thing a loooong time ago and it didn't work for me. Then again, nothing did. Pills, Noxzema, Proactiv, you name it, I tried it. Now I use St. Ives (Swiss Ives?) Apricot Scrub, and I'm good to go.

Oh I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub....I love it! I use it at least once a week...*Thinks its time to use it again* Lol

But I agree, can't scrub your face to much, its bad too...

nomad707

Knight
Popping zits leaves scars. Washing your face with hot soapy water fixes the problem.

If you dont beleive me.. Look at laurence fishburne. he was GM zitpopper.

NiteStar

Wanderer
Drinking whiskey helps, the zits are still there but you notice them less the more whiskey you drink :D

I faintly remember my Mom chasing me around the house as she went on a pimple frenzy, I learned at an early age to stay away from that crazed woman :eek:

:D :D :D :D :D

Now to be serious, acne is a giant pain no matter the age, it ever jumps on you as you get older and are stressing over crap so don't by the story that it will pass with age, wash your face often and keep the pores open.

We now return you to your serious discussion

Tannis

Knight
poopthrower said:
Popping zits leaves scars. Washing your face with hot soapy water fixes the problem.

If you dont beleive me.. Look at laurence fishburne. he was GM zitpopper.
Not always. My face is so sensitive that just putting plain water on it makes it peel. Acne is acne. It doesn't always go away with enough washing or creams or pills. I had a cream once(a prescription from the dermatologist)that literally peeled the skin off my face leaving it beat red, raw, and bleeding. Did the zits stop? No. They didn't stop until I was older. Sorry, I get a little bent out of shape on the subject of zits. Why? Because I lived with them for a looooong time, and that was a long time of family members telling my mom she should make me wash my face more/better or not let me eat sweets (which I didn't anyway, I had braces). Some people just don't understand that acne doesn't go away until it wants to, and there's nothing you can really do about it.

Alcyone

Sorceror
genes, good ol' genes

Some people will have them, and some people won't. But I agree with Tannis, they'll go away when they want to. I didn't pay that much attention to making sure I treated my skin good, and sometimes (usually after too much to drink) I'd fall asleep still wearing make-up, and I have never had a problem with zits.

My sister, however, was immaculate when it came to skin care and had a really bad time with acne, to the point where her skin is scarred.

Foster

Account Terminated
"POP THE BASTARDS" Lawl nah i am loling so hard in my chair what champion's, im on my way through Tannis Post History and i find this well i cant usually be bothered reading on when it's about crap like this (hehe) this was so funny all the differant methods.
Great info love the work.
I do agree that not iver washing your face and also i might add "soap" isnt always the best for your skin find yourself a good Faciel Scrup like listed above about the "APRICOT" stuff and use it once or twice a week.
ok i said my bit im back off to find what im looking for.