RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EasyUO Doesn't Work on My Local Server

hyute

Wanderer
Hello, I've made a local server just for my own use. I want to learn to script the server, but I also enjoy scripting EUO. I have the latest classic UO client patched up, the latest EUO release which is supposed to work with my client version, but when I start EUO, all the information is N/A, so I'm not connecting properly with the client. My RunUO version is the latest 2.5 that came with Nerun's spawner.

Is this a known RunUO thing that I need to configure around? Is it my choice of client? I find it odd because I've been using EUO on RunUO freeshards for years.

BTW, my world is up and running very well otherwise, and it's a lot of fun so far.

Dian

Sorceror
EasyUO really has nothing to do with the RunUO server as far as compatibility. It really only communicates to the Ultima Online client, which returns communication to the RunUO world. You might have a new enough patched Ultima Online client that EasyUO has not encrypted up to yet.
You might just try installing a lower UO Game Client just to test out to be certain.

hyute

Wanderer
Thanks, Dian. Of course you're right, but this post gave me a chance to thank the people here for all the great work they've put into RunUO :)

EUO says it's current, but I'll go back there and poke around for more information.

Dian

Sorceror
Right on, good luck with it. Im sure its just a conflict with EasyUO and your client version though.

Thanks for the kind words. Its just something most of us do for the love of the game, and enjoyment of helping others out.

Dian

Sorceror
Not really, but you can look at Scripts/Misc/ClientVerification.cs and look at the couple settings in there, like disabling God Client, and couple other things, but otherwise I do not know of standard functions that can prevent them from use.

hyute

Wanderer
Its just something most of us do for the love of the game, and enjoyment of helping others out.

I love the game, too. I've been playing for 14 years, but I got tired of griefers on OSI and snotty staff on freeshards. I can't seem to entirely give it up, though, so here I am :) Maybe one day I'll get smart enough to contribute something here myself.

Anyway, I solved my problem by playing around with compatibility settings. I'm more of a Linux guy, so Windows stuff like this sometimes catches me sideways...

Dian

Sorceror
Yeah, the age old story of why people migrate to free servers ;) Glad to have ya.

Good to hear you got it going.